The Last Child

by John Hart | Horror |
Registered by wingSqueakyChuwing of Rockville, Maryland USA on 7/11/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingSqueakyChuwing from Rockville, Maryland USA on Tuesday, July 11, 2017
This book was donated to the Little Free Library of Twinbrook by the owners of The Write Bookshop in St. Catherine's on my trip to Ontario to celebrate Canada's sesquicentennial.

Thank you so much for your generosity, dear friends. I'm now delighted to be in charge of rehoming the books you gave me. :)

Journal Entry 2 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Saturday, April 07, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (4/8/2018 UTC) at Rockville, Maryland USA

Thanks, Gory, for sending me my wishlisted book (The Leeches by David Albahari). I know how much fun they can be so I'm sending you a wishlisted book in return simply as a RABCK. Enjoy!

------------------------------------------------------------

Hello and welcome to BookCrossing ... where we make the whole world a
library!

Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 3 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Friday, April 13, 2018
The book arrived safely today - many thanks! The lost-in-the-wilderness aspect of this story is what made me add it to my wishlist; glad to have the chance to see how it goes!

Later: Some good suspenseful scenes here, some of them wildly creepy, all centered around a missing girl whose young brother takes a lot of risks in an attempt to find out what happened to her. He has a best friend who's from an abusive household, and there are plenty of other signs that all is not well in their small community, but the process of trying to discover the truth about Alyssa's disappearance is complex and dangerous, and puts more people at risk.

The complications here involve an obsessed law officer who's fond of young Johnny's mother, who's in an abusive relationship with a powerful local man; he's mainly a sympathetic character, though I did find his interest in the family to be borderline stalker-ish at first. And there's the mysterious man who comes out of the rain to save - and terrify - Johnny. But will the truth about Alyssa come out - and if it does, will justice be served?

Released 1 yr ago (6/25/2018 UTC) at The Point (see notes for details) in Littleton, Massachusetts USA

I left this book on a bench outside Tavern On the Square restaurant at The Point; hope the finder enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Keep Them Moving release challenge. ***