A Yellow Raft in Blue Water

by Michael Dorris | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingbooklady331wing of Cape Coral, Florida USA on 7/10/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Monday, July 10, 2017
If you are new to BookCrossing and found this book and this site, Welcome!

Journal Entry 2 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Thursday, August 16, 2018
Michael Dorris has written about three generations of Indian women who are beset by hardships and torn by angry secrets. The book is split into three sections that are narrated by the three different main characters. Starting in the present day and moving backward, the novel is told in the voices of the three women: fifteen-year-old part-black Rayona; her American Indian mother, Christine, and the mysterious Ida. Ida is the mother and grandmother whose haunting secrets, betrayals, and dreams are the beginning that braid together the strands of the shared past. I felt that the author left too many threads unwoven at the end.

Reserved for Books I Have read VBB

Journal Entry 3 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Sunday, October 21, 2018

Released 8 mos ago (10/21/2018 UTC) at Cape Coral, Florida USA

Enjoy! off to freezone . She picked it from the Books I've Actually Read VBB.

Journal Entry 4 by freezone at Leominster, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, October 30, 2018
I have heard so many positive reviews of this book, I am excited to have the opportunity to read it. Thank you!!