Seasons of My Life: The Story of a Solitary Daleswoman

by HANNAH HAUXWELL | Biographies & Memoirs | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingPlum-crazywing of Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on 7/22/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingPlum-crazywing from Brighouse, West Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, July 22, 2017
The autobiography of Hannah Hauxwell, who lived alone in a remote Yorkshire farmhouse, with neither water nor electricity. She first told her story on Yorkshire Television's award-winning "Too Long a Winter" and its sequel "A Winter Too Many".

I remember back in the early 1970's seeing this on TV & recall, being really taken with this old woman. Well, I say old woman but in truth at the time Hannah was 46 - how strange to think she was younger than I am now!!

Hannah is certainly someone you don't forget & it was lovely to re-visit her life in this lovely little book - it's inspiring, heart-warming & heart-breaking...I'm not ashamed to say I had a lump in my throat & a tear in my eye as she talked of her mother's death.

A remarkable woman indeed.

Journal Entry 2 by wingPlum-crazywing at Yorkshire Day exchange, by mail -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, August 08, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (8/8/2017 UTC) at Yorkshire Day exchange, by mail -- Controlled Releases

On it's way as part of a Yorkshire Day Exchange....hope the next reader will be as touched by Hannah's story as I was :o)

Released as part of the 2017 TV SERIES Challenge (#10)

Journal Entry 3 by NowINkA at Płock, Mazowieckie Poland on Wednesday, August 16, 2017
What a pleasant surprise! Thank you Plum-crazy for such a generous package!

Journal Entry 4 by NowINkA at Płock, Mazowieckie Poland on Sunday, February 10, 2019
Not my kind of a book, but I need to do Hannah Hauxwell justice - living in a way she did for so many years is a remarkable achievement hardly anyone could repeat nowadays.

Journal Entry 5 by NowINkA at Płock, Mazowieckie Poland on Friday, March 01, 2019
Reserved for 'One book a month offered 2019' March thread.

Journal Entry 6 by NowINkA at Płock, Mazowieckie Poland on Monday, April 15, 2019

Released 3 days ago (4/15/2019 UTC) at Płock, Mazowieckie Poland

Apologies for the delay in sending the book (couldn't help it!). Hope you will enjoy!