On Chesil Beach

by Ian McEwan | Women's Fiction |
Registered by bookfrogster of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 7/9/2017
Journal Entry 1 by bookfrogster from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, July 09, 2017
This has been picked up for a secret purpose!

Journal Entry 2 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (7/11/2017 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

And off it goes to the winner of the RABCK sweeps. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Thursday, July 20, 2017
Thank you soo much!
I read this book some time ago, and passed it on... I would like to re-read, and probably keep it for some time.

Journal Entry 4 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Monday, January 15, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (1/15/2018 UTC) at Madrid, Madrid Spain

Sent to the winner of the Maritime Sweeps... this is one of my all-time favourite novels.
Congrats on winning... and enjoy! :)

Journal Entry 5 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Saturday, January 27, 2018
Thank you for the book which arrived in perfect shape. I am super happy with your choice and I look forward to reading one of your all-time favourite novels.

----------------------------
Updated Jun 27, 2018

What can I say? I love this one. The internal struggle and emotional nuances of the two main characters are remarkably narrated. The language is simple and beautifully written. Thank you for the wonderful reading experience.

Reserved for One Book a Month - August 2018

Journal Entry 6 by wingmcsarwing at One Book a Month, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Friday, September 07, 2018

Released 9 mos ago (9/7/2018 UTC) at One Book a Month, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

On its way to Conto for my August offer for One Book a Month. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 7 by wingcontowing at Lisboa (city), Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Monday, September 24, 2018
Just arrived!
Thank you so very much, mcsar.
I must focus on some other readings for now (I did it again: too many rings/rays) but I can hardly wait to pick this one up!
I'll come back here as soon as I do so.
_________________

Updated 20-October, 2018

Definitely couldn't wait, so I read it :)
And gladly so because I liked it a lot. It is amazing how much and how quickly, at times, things changed through the last century... And sometimes dealing with those changes was quite a struggle. The last pages of this book shows that quite perfectly. Till those pages, one can feel what each of the characters feels and that's amazing and one of the things I love about McEwan.

Offered it meanwhile on the Reading It, Want It? thread.

Journal Entry 8 by wingcontowing at Lisboa (city), Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Thursday, October 25, 2018

Released 7 mos ago (10/25/2018 UTC) at Lisboa (city), Lisboa (distrito) Portugal

On it's way to estelle1806 in Ireland, who chose this one in the forum.
Hope you like it!

Journal Entry 9 by wingestelle1806wing at Clonsilla, Co. Dublin Ireland on Friday, November 02, 2018
Thank you so much, conto, for sharing this book with me. If you are looking for another book or anything Irish, let me know ;-)