Live to Tell ( D. D. Warren, Book 4)

by Lisa Gardner | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 0553591916 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingheartthumperwing of Hutchinson, Kansas USA on 7/8/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingheartthumperwing from Hutchinson, Kansas USA on Saturday, July 08, 2017
I can't believe I've never read this. Found this at my favorite used book store!

He knows everything about you—including the first place you’ll hide.

On a warm summer night in one of Boston’s working-class neighborhoods, an unthinkable crime has been committed: Four members of a family have been brutally murdered. The father—and possible suspect—now lies clinging to life in the ICU. Murder-suicide? Or something worse? Veteran police detective D. D. Warren is certain of only one thing: There’s more to this case than meets the eye.

Danielle Burton is a survivor, a dedicated nurse whose passion is to help children at a locked-down pediatric psych ward. But she remains haunted by a family tragedy that shattered her life nearly twenty-five years ago. The dark anniversary is approaching, and when D. D. Warren and her partner show up at the facility, Danielle immediately realizes: It has started again.

A devoted mother, Victoria Oliver has a hard time remembering what normalcy is like. But she will do anything to ensure that her troubled son has some semblance of a childhood. She will love him no matter what. Nurture him. Keep him safe. Protect him. Even when the threat comes from within her own house.

Journal Entry 2 by wingheartthumperwing at Hutchinson, Kansas USA on Sunday, December 30, 2018
This is so good. I loved every bit of it!!! Looking for a new reader.