Bitter Lemons of Cyprus

by Lawrence Durrell | Other | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 0571201555 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingCassandra2020wing of Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on 5/1/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingCassandra2020wing from Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, May 1, 2018
Given by a friend to register and release

Released 4 yrs ago (5/2/2018 UTC) at The Glencorse Centre ✔️ in Auchendinny, Scotland United Kingdom

Released to obcz

Although this book is registered at www.bookcrossing.com, you don't have to be a member. It's perfectly OK to just take the book and enjoy it. Of course, if you can visit the website and let us know that you've picked it up, that would be even better - you don't even have to join, you can add your comments anonymously - you can also post your review when you've read it, then return it or pass it on to someone else.

If you do join Bookcrossing, you'll be able to see what happens to it afterwards - for ever!

Journal Entry 3 by wingCassandra2020wing at Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 8, 2018
Retrieved from obcz

Journal Entry 4 by wingCassandra2020wing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, December 29, 2018

Released 3 yrs ago (12/30/2018 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

For Bookfrogster on our LFL Release Walk

Journal Entry 5 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, December 30, 2018
Thanks for this one Cassandra2020. :-)

Journal Entry 6 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, March 4, 2019
I'd recently tried to read some of Lawrence Durrell's fiction which just wasn't my thing. I really enjoyed this book though. A very readable account of his time as a press officer for the UK Government during the mid-fifties and a very turbulent time for Cyprus. Although I didn't agree with all of his views, there is no denying his affection for the island.

Journal Entry 7 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Released 2 yrs ago (6/5/2019 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

And off it goes to the winner of the non-fiction sweeps. I thought this was a very interesting book, so hope they like my choice, :-)

Journal Entry 8 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Thursday, June 13, 2019
Thank you sooo much!
Looking forward to reading it, a very good choice. :)

Journal Entry 9 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Released 2 yrs ago (5/12/2020 UTC) at Madrid, Madrid Spain

Sent today as one of my replacements for the Books with a Fruit or Vegetable in the Title bookring.

Journal Entry 10 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Wednesday, May 27, 2020
And the book is now with me. Thank you.

Journal Entry 11 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Saturday, June 13, 2020
It's the first book by this author that I read. I truly enjoyed his style and his love for the island and the way he described the landscapes and the way of life before the political tragedy. I learnt a lot about Cyprus and I intend to know more

Journal Entry 12 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Released 4 mos ago (1/18/2022 UTC) at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France

In the enveloppe for the last leg of the Town and Country VVB.

Journal Entry 13 by wingTanamowing at Hinckley, Leicestershire United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 25, 2022
Received when the latest round of the Town & Country bookring came home.