Small Great Things

by Jodi Picoult | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by winglukutuoliwing of Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on 7/3/2017
Journal Entry 1 by winglukutuoliwing from Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Monday, July 03, 2017
From the back cover:

"When a newborn baby dies after a routine hospital procedure, there is no doubt about who will be held responsible: the nurse who had been banned from looking after him by his father.

What the nurse, her lawyer and the father of the child cannot know is how this death will irrevocably change all of their lives, in ways both expected and not.

Small Great Things is about prejudice and power; it is about that which divides and unites us.

It is about opening your eyes."

Journal Entry 2 by winglukutuoliwing at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Monday, November 19, 2018
I've read most of Picoult's books and admire her as a talented writer. The beginning of this book wasn't very captivating, but the intensity grew towards the end and finally I was hooked! Accidentally I started to listen the biography of Michelle Obama as an audiobook at the same time with this book as I didn't know that Picoult deals with racism - racial themes seem to fulfill my thoughts this November.

#67 for Reduce Mount TBR 2018 Challenge by Dove-i-Libri

Journal Entry 3 by winglukutuoliwing at Tampere, At a bookcrossing Meet-up -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, November 24, 2018

Released 7 mos ago (11/25/2018 UTC) at Tampere, At a bookcrossing Meet-up -- Controlled Releases

Next to Joika, who has this book on the wishlist and who’ll visit the bookcrossers of Tampere!

Journal Entry 4 by Joika at Tampere, Pirkanmaa / Birkaland Finland on Sunday, November 25, 2018
My first contact to Jodi Picoult, thank you!