Euphoria

by Lily King | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingwaterfallingwing of Raleigh, North Carolina USA on 6/27/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingwaterfallingwing from Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Tuesday, June 27, 2017
trade-size paperback.

from the back cover:
Inspired by events in the life of revolutionary anthropologist Margaret Mead, Euphoria is a captivating story of three young, gifted anthropologists of the 1930s caught in a passionate love triangle that threatens their bonds, their careers, and ultimately their lives.

Journal Entry 2 by wingwaterfallingwing at Rockledge, Florida USA on Saturday, July 22, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (7/22/2017 UTC) at Rockledge, Florida USA

Sent on as selected from the GenLit VBB.

Journal Entry 3 by wingReallyBookishwing at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, July 28, 2017
Received today from waterfalling. Thank you so much!

Journal Entry 4 by wingReallyBookishwing at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, August 11, 2017
Well, this was an absolute delight! Lily King made some interesting authorial decisions about viewpoint and structure, and I would advise future readers to give the book several chapters to settle into a groove. I think I understand why she made those choices, but they can make the initial pages seem a bit inscrutable. Still, persevere -- this is a beautiful story beautifully told. Once I got into it, I could barely put it down. Very enjoyable and highly recommended!

Journal Entry 5 by wingReallyBookishwing at Horsham, Pennsylvania USA on Wednesday, January 10, 2018
Reserved for the General Literature VBB.

Description from Amazon:

"Euphoria is Lily King’s nationally bestselling breakout novel of three young, gifted anthropologists of the ‘30’s caught in a passionate love triangle that threatens their bonds, their careers, and, ultimately, their lives. Inspired by events in the life of revolutionary anthropologist Margaret Mead, Euphoria is 'dazzling ... suspenseful ... brilliant... an exhilarating novel.' —Boston Globe"

Journal Entry 6 by wingReallyBookishwing at Ambler, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, January 01, 2019
Removing as unselected from the General Literature VBB and making available.