Death in the Truffle Wood (Commissaire Laviolette Mystery)

by Pierre Magnan | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 6/27/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, June 27, 2017
I found this fair-condition softcover at a local Savers thrift shop, and thought it looked interesting: crime-solving in a remote Provence village. It opens in rather jolly fashion, with a man out seeking truffles with the aid of his expert truffle-pig Roseline - easily my favorite character in the book, and one whose fate had me terribly worried near the end. [It's OK she's fine!] The rest of the plot was... well, not that satisfactory to me, though it did intertwine with the "truffle" theme more intimately than I'd expected - I just found the addicted-to-jewelry part of the story unpleasant. But the atmosphere of rural life, the details of the truffle business, and any scene involving Roseline are worth reading!

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Bannister Rd in Andover, Massachusetts USA on Saturday, March 10, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (3/10/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library, Bannister Rd in Andover, Massachusetts USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Wine+Food Release Challenge. ***