Eric's Body

by Jason Fury | Gay & Lesbian |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 6/28/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, June 28, 2017
I've had this softcover on my keeper shelves for years now, but I think it's time it went traveling. It's a collection of erotic stories, originally published in 1993, and with a variety of moods. Among my favorites:

"Barbed Wire", in which the narrator, fresh from a broken relationship, falls for a wounded veteran.

"Strange Young Man", about a hippie cult in which "free love" isn't free at all - and which turns very dark by the end.

"Mr. White Lightning", about a short-lived affair with a televangelist preacher.

"They Won't Forget," a grim little tale of a gay witch-hunt in 1955 Boise, Idaho, and based on a real-world scandal.

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Monday, July 24, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (7/24/2017 UTC) at Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I'm adding this to the LGBTQ+ bookbox, which will be on its way to its next stop soon. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by wingemmejowing at Trumansburg, New York USA on Tuesday, December 05, 2017
This book rode to the end of the bookbox.

Journal Entry 4 by wingemmejowing at Trumansburg, New York USA on Tuesday, June 26, 2018
I've read half a dozen or so of these stories, but the author's writing style isn't my cup of tea. Some of the plots are pretty interesting, but I keep getting distracted by writing choices I don't enjoy.

Hopefully it will be a better match for the next reader!

(For future readers: I would note that based on the stories I read, there is quite a lot of rape discussed, sexual assault on page, relationships that have power dynamics that could be upsetting for some people (such as student/teacher, and psychiatric patient/caretaker) and questionable or absent consent. If this is upsetting or triggering for you, this may be a book you want to skip.)

Journal Entry 5 by wingemmejowing at Trumansburg, New York USA on Friday, September 21, 2018

Released 12 mos ago (9/21/2018 UTC) at Trumansburg, New York USA

One of the books starting out in The Anthology Assortment Bookbox

Journal Entry 6 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, October 10, 2018
I'm claiming this from the Anthology bookbox, as I have an idea for a good release spot.

Journal Entry 7 by wingGoryDetailswing at First Baptist Church of Nashua in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Saturday, December 01, 2018

Released 9 mos ago (12/1/2018 UTC) at First Baptist Church of Nashua in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book, bagged against the elements, outside the church - an inclusive church that's hosting a performance of the wonderful New Hampshire Gay Men's Chorus tonight. Hope the finder enjoys the book!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2018 What's In A Name release challenge. ***