The Universe Versus Alex Woods

by Gavin Extence | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingAylaMeywing of Utrecht, Utrecht Netherlands on 6/23/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingAylaMeywing from Utrecht, Utrecht Netherlands on Friday, June 23, 2017
Hello dear finder of this book,

I hope you'll like the idea and practice of BookCrossing. I also hope you’ll make a journal entry on this book. You may choose to remain anonymous or to join (its free and spam-free!) If you do choose to join, you can choose to use me as your referring member so I'll know that I've made someone enthusiastic about BookCrossing.

Feel free to take the time and read this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find. If you do choose to join and journal, then you can watch the book as it travels. You'll be alerted by an email each time someone makes another journal entry.

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 2 by wingAylaMeywing at Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Friday, June 23, 2017

Released 4 yrs ago (7/2/2017 UTC) at Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands

--> rodespringbal

Journal Entry 3 by wingrodespringbalwing at Roosdaal, Vlaams-Brabant / Brabant Flamant Belgium on Monday, July 3, 2017
Hartelijk dank voor dit wenslijstboek, zo mooi verpakt ook ;-) heel erg leuk.

Journal Entry 4 by wingrodespringbalwing at Roosdaal, Vlaams-Brabant / Brabant Flamant Belgium on Saturday, August 19, 2017
The best description that I can think of for this book is that it reminded me of "a mixture of The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time and The Fault in Our Stars."
The Universe Versus Alex Woods starts off seeming like it's gonna be a quirky sort of book: the narration is matter of fact where it possibly shouldn't be, and the situation Alex is in on the opening pages is an interesting one. I don't know that I'd call it funny -- it's not laugh out loud funny, anyway; more "wry smiles" funny -- and I don't know that I'd call it heartbreaking, either.
The only thing I can really criticize about it is that sometimes Alex would be narrating too much, like detailed descriptions of what seizures are, the asteroid belt, etc. I found the dialogues are much more strongly written, and a more effective way of propelling the story forward, rather than plainly Alex telling us what he thought or learned. Aside from that, I really liked the book.

Journal Entry 5 by wingrodespringbalwing at Roosdaal, Vlaams-Brabant / Brabant Flamant Belgium on Saturday, August 19, 2017

Released 4 yrs ago (8/19/2017 UTC) at Roosdaal, Vlaams-Brabant / Brabant Flamant Belgium

Wishlisttag :-)

Journal Entry 6 by wingbrunton11wing at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 30, 2017
Thank you for the tag rodespringbal. It arrived safely today.

Journal Entry 7 by wingbrunton11wing at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Monday, July 26, 2021
I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would having read the previous JEs.

Sending on as a RABCK to accompany a tag.

Journal Entry 8 by Poppywalker at Exeter, Devon United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 11, 2021
Recieved as a wishlist tag about to read

Journal Entry 9 by Poppywalker at Exeter, Devon United Kingdom on Thursday, August 19, 2021
Started of well and it was a good read but I think it got lost in the middle.