A Street Cat Named Bob: How one man and his cat found hope on the streets

by James Bowen | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by PinnieB of Stourbridge, West Midlands United Kingdom on 6/14/2017
Journal Entry 1 by PinnieB from Stourbridge, West Midlands United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 14, 2017
This book has now been made into a movie which I haven't seen as yet, I may watch it to compare.

Journal Entry 2 by PinnieB at Stourbridge, West Midlands United Kingdom on Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (6/14/2017 UTC) at Stourbridge, West Midlands United Kingdom

Added to the book box circulation. Happy reading :)

Journal Entry 3 by Flutterbies9 at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Monday, October 09, 2017
Received back in the Random bookbox. I read this book a few years ago and here is part of my initial review.

"Cover.
"When James Bowen found an injured, ginger street cat curled up in the hallway of his sheltered accommodation, he had no idea just how much his life was about to change. James was living hand to mouth on the streets of London and the last thing he needed was a pet.
Yet James couldn't resist helping the strikingly intelligent tom cat, whom he quickly christened Bob. Soon the two were inseparable and their diverse, comic and occasionally dangerous adventures would transform both their lives, slowly healing the scars of each other's troubled pasts."

One of my rescue cats is also a ginger cat (but a female) and so I was predisposed to like this I guess! "

My first copy left me a while ago on a RABCK but this copy may well find its way back into a bookbox.

Journal Entry 4 by Flutterbies9 at A Book box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Thursday, October 19, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (10/21/2017 UTC) at A Book box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Added to the Random book box.

Journal Entry 5 by Cfreckle at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, January 06, 2018
Taken out of the Random bookbox.

Journal Entry 6 by Cfreckle at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 30, 2018
I enjoyed reading this.

Journal Entry 7 by Cfreckle at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (10/31/2018 UTC) at Sheffield, South Yorkshire United Kingdom

Happy Belated Birthday xx

I hope you enjoy reading this book.

Journal Entry 8 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, November 01, 2018
Thanks CFreckle for this book and the other goodies. I've read this and met Bob before he was famous!

Journal Entry 9 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Friday, December 21, 2018
Thank you for the book for One Book a Month November 2018. The book arrived with sweet gifts for HGG. I think I will be reading this one soon.

---------------------------------
Updated December 26, 2018

Read and enjoyed it over Christmas. It was a quick and uplifting read. A good story, a great cat and a great human-cat relationship, but the writing is only okay. What strikes me the most about his situation is the invisibility he feels on the street.

Journal Entry 10 by wingmcsarwing at by post, RABCK Sweepstakes/Drawing -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, February 06, 2019

Released 11 mos ago (2/6/2019 UTC) at by post, RABCK Sweepstakes/Drawing -- Controlled Releases

On its way to the winner of the Non-fiction sweeps. Congratulations and I hope you enjoy this one.

Journal Entry 11 by wingLamillawing at Мінск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Wednesday, March 27, 2019
Thank you!

Journal Entry 12 by wingLamillawing at Мінск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Sunday, June 02, 2019
Is going to Alia_rus, who has it on her wishlist

Journal Entry 13 by wingLamillawing at Мінск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Monday, June 03, 2019

Released 7 mos ago (6/3/2019 UTC) at Мінск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus

You've found a travelling book. Hurray!
The book's journey continues by its finder's cooperation and creativity. By making a journal entry on this book, you can add to the book's story as it travels from reader to reader around the world.
Enjoy your reading!

Привет!
Спасибо, что нашли время зайти на сайт и сделать запись в журнале! Напишите, когда и где вы нашли книгу.
Перед тем, как попасть к Вам, она побывала в других уголках света. История ее путешествий записана на сайте, и теперь к ней добавился еще один пункт. Я очень рада, что она нашла нового читателя в Вашем лице.

Journal Entry 14 by Alia_Rus at Rīga, Rīga Latvia on Friday, June 21, 2019
Thank you for making my wish reality.

Journal Entry 15 by Alia_Rus at Post in den Wilmersdorfer Arcaden in Charlottenburg, Berlin Germany on Thursday, December 26, 2019

Released 4 wks ago (12/28/2019 UTC) at Post in den Wilmersdorfer Arcaden in Charlottenburg, Berlin Germany

Book will be travelling as a replacement book.
It was sad to receive a bookray back in opened envelope: https://www.bookcrossing.com/journal/15608895.
This time I will post books from Germany.