When We Were Very Young

by A. A. Milne, E. H. Shepard | Teens | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingAnneliswing of Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 6/10/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingAnneliswing from Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, June 10, 2017
100 pages
Decorations by E. H. Shepard

Wikipedia:
When We Were Very Young is a best-selling book of poetry by A. A. Milne. It was first published in 1924, and was illustrated by E. H. Shepard. Several of the verses were set to music by Harold Fraser-Simson. The book begins with an introduction entitled "Just Before We Begin", which, in part, tells readers to imagine for themselves who the narrator is, and that it might be Christopher Robin. The 38th poem in the book, "Teddy Bear", that originally appeared in Punch magazine in February 1924, was the first appearance of the famous character Winnie-the-Pooh, first named "Mr. Edward Bear" by Christopher Robin Milne. In one of the illustrations of "Teddy Bear", Winnie-the-Pooh is shown wearing a shirt which was later colored red when reproduced on a recording produced by Stephen Slesinger. This has become his standard appearance in the Disney adaptations.

Amazon:
A classic celebration of childhood, A. A. Milne’s When We Were Very Young is a collection of poems that have touched the hearts of readers for more than 90 years. His verses sing with a playful innocence, weaving together the worlds of reality and enchanting make-believe. Published two years before Winnie-the-Pooh, careful readers will also discover the very first appearance of the Best Bear in All the World. These treasured poems are perfectly matched by Ernest Shepard's whimsical illustrations, which have delighted countless readers.

These poems have been read and re-read to generations of children, and today, they can still find a cherished place on every bookshelf.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAnneliswing at Kerava, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Saturday, January 06, 2018
These are very nice poems!

This is my book #1 in the Reduce Mount TBR 2018 -challence by Dove-i-libri.

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnneliswing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (4/10/2018 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

I took the book to the meet-up at Sokos.
Happy reading!