The Case of the General's Thumb

by Andrey Kurkov | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingBooksandMusicwing of Seattle, Washington USA on 6/7/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingBooksandMusicwing from Seattle, Washington USA on Wednesday, June 07, 2017
June - To Read

Journal Entry 2 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Sunday, December 17, 2017
I mistakenly registered this book twice - groan - and have no idea how to fix that.
Here is my review:

One guy is a cop trying to follow leads, another is a guy looking for a flat. Through a series of incomprehensible phone calls, obscure orders and secret agent type travel arrangements we follow them both. There are many corpses, many more bottles of vodka, a hearse and an adopted tortoise. They are looking for a thumb and some money, Good luck! Same Russia, different shtick.
"It was all money, money, money today. Ideology was out."

I have a feeling it would have been much funnier if I was Ukrainian or Russian with the proper cultural understanding and if I had read it in the original language (Russian) that it was written in.

Journal Entry 3 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Little Free Library in Seattle, Washington USA on Sunday, January 28, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (1/28/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library in Seattle, Washington USA

LFL on the corner of 36th Ave NE and NE 77th St.