Canon, Vol. 4

by Chika Shiomi | Graphic Novels |
Registered by AlterEgoZoe of Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on 6/1/2017
Journal Entry 1 by AlterEgoZoe from Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Thursday, June 01, 2017
This is the final volume of Canon. (Not to be confused with that other Kanon) To Share.

It's all-out action in this thrilling series finale! Canon Himuro hunts the vampire lord who killed her classmates and turned her into one of the undead.

Allegiances shift and the battle lines are drawn as Canon faces her true enemy. She's made a vow that she's not going to let anyone else die . . . unless she's the one who takes the fall. The powerful Glenn is prepared to take her on, but Rod forbids him to kill her, leading to a fateful rift between the vampire allies. And is it possible that Canon still has a chance to regain her humanity?

Journal Entry 2 by AlterEgoZoe at Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (7/11/2017 UTC) at Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania USA

Went into Nimrodiel's manga box.

Journal Entry 3 by emmejo at Trumansburg, New York USA on Thursday, August 10, 2017
Taken from the manga box. I haven't read any of this series, but it looked interesting. Hopefully I won't be too lost!

Journal Entry 4 by emmejo at Trumansburg, New York USA on Monday, May 28, 2018
Well, I ended up feeling a bit disappointed by this. I suspect that if I had started from the beginning, I might have had more attachment to the characters, but here I just couldn't take the melodrama seriously. There seem like some interesting world building aspects, but they are not focused on. The art is typical for the time period, and crisply executed but not really inspiring enough to make up for the weak gang-war-esque plot.

Journal Entry 5 by emmejo at Trumansburg, New York USA on Friday, June 22, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (6/22/2018 UTC) at Trumansburg, New York USA

One of the starter books for the Vampire Bookbox

Journal Entry 6 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Monday, July 16, 2018
I'm claiming this book from the Vampire bookbox. I read Volume One some time back, and am interested to see where things have gone by this point.

Later: This volume wraps up this short series, though perhaps "wrap up" is a misnomer - it seems that the story won't end here, as Canon may indeed find a way to remember the good and forget the bad. Though I'm not convinced that this was a truly satisfactory resolution, after all the betrayals and memory-messing-with and whatnot.

There's a longish side story, "Tatsumi," about him and Sakaki, the half-vampire who saved him - and tried to teach him to forswear ideas of vengeance. Ironic, given the theme of the main series!

The bonus story, "From the City of Sin," was actually pretty good, a suspense tale of a girl who's rather bored with her schoolwork and summer job, so when she gets caught up in the case of a fleeing killer. Lots of plot-twists in a very short space, with a much more concise echo of the "do not seek vengeance" lesson from the main story...

Journal Entry 7 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Traip Academy in Kittery, Maine USA on Friday, July 20, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (7/20/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library, Traip Academy in Kittery, Maine USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library on this beautiful day; hope someone enjoys it!

*** Released for the 2018 Keep Them Moving release challenge. ***