All the Bright Places

by Jennifer Niven | Teens |
Registered by slipperbunny of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 5/22/2017
Journal Entry 1 by slipperbunny from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, May 22, 2017
"Theodore Finch is fascinated by death, and he constantly thinks of ways he might kill himself. But each time, something good, no matter how small, stops him.

Violet Markey lives for the future, counting the days until graduation, when she can escape her Indiana town and her aching grief in the wake of her sister's recent death.

When Finch and Violet meet on the ledge of the bell tower at school, it's unclear who saves whom. And when they pair up on a project to discover the 'natural wonders' of their state, both Finch and Violet make more important discoveries: It's only with Violet that Finch can be himself - a weird, funny, live-out-loud guy who's not such a freak after all. And it's only with Finch that Violet can forget to count away the days and start living them. But as Violet's world grows, Finch's begins to shrink."

I bought this from United Kingdom on my holiday and read it immediately. A great book but it made me almost cry several times.

Journal Entry 2 by slipperbunny at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, February 16, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (2/17/2018 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Sending this as a surprise. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by spoiledrotten at Waldwick, New Jersey USA on Thursday, March 01, 2018
What a wonderful surprise to find this title in my mailbox. Thanks so much.
08/07/18 my daughter has read this and enjoyed it very much.
09/16/18 will be sending to gory details as part of the wishlist tag game.

Journal Entry 4 by spoiledrotten at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Sunday, September 16, 2018

Released 6 mos ago (9/17/2018 UTC) at Nashua, New Hampshire USA

Sending to GoryDetails as part of one of the wishlist tag games.

Journal Entry 5 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, September 20, 2018
The wishlist book arrived safely today; many thanks! (And it's cool that it started out in Finland!) I've enjoyed Niven's non-fiction, and look forward to this novel.

Later: Very touching - and sometimes snarkily funny - look at a very difficult subject, with helpful and hopeful aspects for anyone who may become aware of a friend/relative/classmate/co-worker with suicidal tendencies. The story didn't quite work out the way I'd hoped, but I think it felt authentic.

[There's a short TV Tropes page on the novel, with some interesting tidbits.]

Journal Entry 6 by wingGoryDetailswing at Northeastern Blvd (see notes for details) in Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, November 08, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (11/8/2018 UTC) at Northeastern Blvd (see notes for details) in Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I left this book, bagged against the elements, hanging from a tree that's still sporting vivid red-orange fall foliage; hope the finder enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in NH here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Keep Them Moving release challenge. ***

*** Released for the 2018 The The release challenge. ***

Journal Entry 7 by Asteele603 at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Monday, January 07, 2019
My husband found the book while doing a run through the neighborhood and he thought it was so cool. He brought it home and we loved the unique idea of Book Crossing. I tried to read the book but, unfortunately, it wasn’t my type of my story. But I had a work trip coming up in New Orleans,LA and I was happy to bring it along so I could help it continue on it’s journey!