As If by Accident: A Novel

Live Life Like a Book...
by Julie Johnston | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingmcsarwing of Richmond, British Columbia Canada on 7/31/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingmcsarwing from Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Monday, July 31, 2017
Amazon's description:
"The Alice Munro of Canadian childrens publishing makes her stunning debut in adult fiction with As If by Accident, a story about two people whose lives become intertwined by a series of unexpected circumstances. When Val Hudson discovers her husband of 11 years is killed in a car accident, the life she once knew comes to an end. Struggling with guilt and grief, she searches her past for meaning. Enter Gus, a screenwriter turned novelist, who bases his second book on Vals story after reading about it in a local newspaper. Through a series of coincidences, their lives intersect and chance encounters turn into fortuitous twists of fate.Governor Generals Award-winning author Julie Johnston skillfully weaves together the lives of two people touched by tragedy. As If by Accident is an impressive debut novel written with gentle wit and grace from a masterful storyteller."

A tale about grief and guilt. While the plot is predictable, the characters are engaging and the emotions are honest.

Journal Entry 2 by wingmcsarwing at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Monday, September 25, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (9/26/2017 UTC) at By Mail, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Sent as my One Book a Month RABCK for August 2017.

Journal Entry 3 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Tuesday, October 24, 2017
The book arrived safely. Thank you mcsar !

Journal Entry 4 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Thursday, November 02, 2017
Too many coincidences to be credible but still a good story.

24/11/2017 reserved for Aphabet VBB.

Journal Entry 5 by wingIcilawing at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France on Thursday, December 21, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (12/21/2017 UTC) at Nantes, Pays de la Loire France

In the mail to my dear keeta1.
Happy New Year !

Journal Entry 6 by wingkeeta1wing at Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Wednesday, January 03, 2018
My first book of 2018!
Happy New Year to you, as well.

Journal Entry 7 by wingkeeta1wing at Howick, Auckland Province New Zealand on Friday, February 23, 2018
I enjoyed this story, despite the coincidences/predictability. Guilt and grief play a part in all the characters lives to some degree.

Journal Entry 8 by wingkeeta1wing at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, March 03, 2018

Released 2 yrs ago (3/3/2018 UTC) at By Post, By Post -- Controlled Releases

Off to Edwardstreet :)
Happy reading!

Journal Entry 9 by wingEdwardstreetwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Wednesday, March 07, 2018
Letter box surprise - and perfect for the 666 challenge - thank you.

Released 2 yrs ago (5/27/2018 UTC) at Ministry of Education in Lower Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand

I really enjoyed this story of love, death and the character's role in those deaths. I liked how the two characters lives came together. I am surprised this is not on any wishlists. I think it would be enjoyed by many.