Phineas L. MacGuire Gets Cooking Part 1

by Frances O'Roard Dowell | Children's Books |
Registered by wingSqueakyChuwing of Rockville, Maryland USA on 5/17/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingSqueakyChuwing from Rockville, Maryland USA on Wednesday, May 17, 2017
This is one of 84 books donated by my friend from New Boston, New
Hampshire, to the Little Free Library of Twinbrook (#7720). Thank you so much for your kindness.

I'm releasing this book for the following BookCrossing challenge:

***The Mother's Day Release Challenge May 2017 hosted by BOOKWORMINUSALL. This book has the word MA in the and the female given name FRANCES in the author's name.

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Saturday, June 03, 2017

Journal Entry 4 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Saturday, August 19, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (8/19/2017 UTC) at Alexandria, Virginia USA

I'm releasing this book at the August 2017 BCinDC meetup at ResQGeek's house.

Hello and welcome to BookCrossing ... where we make the whole world a library!

Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 5 by authorauthor at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Saturday, December 09, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (12/10/2017 UTC) at Alexandria, Virginia USA

'm giving this one away at the BC-DC Holiday Party.

********************************

Welcome to BookCrossing!

If you pass it on to someone or leave it "in the wild" for someone else to find, please make another journal entry or release notes here to explain that it's traveling to find another home.

You can remain anonymous on the website or join BookCrossing. Joining is free, safe, and spam-free and you'll get an e-mail every time a new person finds this book and logs in on the site to say so. You'll be able to watch it move around and find out where it's been and what other readers thought of it.

I hope you enjoy the book. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 6 by authorauthor at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Saturday, December 09, 2017
I just found this book in my house and have no idea where it came from, so I was surprised to see it was BC-registered. It's a small, very thin little volume; maybe it had slipped inside the pages of another book. In any case, I just read it, and it's a fun story, though it's a serial and it's only the first part. Phineas MacGuire, 4th-grade scientist, is dismayed when his mom assigns him the task of cooking dinner for the family each night -- until he realizes that cooking is all about science.

Journal Entry 7 by wing6of8wing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA on Monday, January 01, 2018
This book came home with me (eventually). Not sure why. Not sure if I will read it.

Journal Entry 8 by wing6of8wing at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Sunday, July 01, 2018
The Ultimate Read and Release Challenge theme for July is Verbs. I decided to just do books with "ing" verbs in the title. While digging through my piles, I came across this one. So I read it.

A kind of cute story about a 4th grader who loves science and discovers the science of cooking. Well written and engaging. I bet the series is a fun one.

Journal Entry 9 by wing6of8wing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Friday, July 20, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (7/21/2018 UTC) at Silver Spring, Maryland USA

This book is going to meet-up with me in honor of the first attempt at a theme -- "ING". Hopefully it goes home with someone else.

Journal Entry 10 by FortHuntLFL at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Wednesday, November 20, 2019
Picked up at a BCinDC meetup - putting in my LFL.

Journal Entry 11 by FortHuntLFL at Nando's Peri-Peri in Alexandria, Virginia USA on Monday, February 10, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (2/16/2020 UTC) at Nando's Peri-Peri in Alexandria, Virginia USA

Released at the BC in DC meetup in Alexandria, VA.

Journal Entry 12 by wingResQgeekwing at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Monday, February 17, 2020
One of a batch of kids books that came home with me from the BC-in-DC meeting in Old Town for my Little Free Library.