Death in Dark Blue (A Writer's Apprentice Mystery)

by Julia Buckley | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by JennyC1230 of Woodstock, Georgia USA on 5/16/2017
Journal Entry 1 by JennyC1230 from Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, May 16, 2017
Book #2 in the Writer's Apprentice Mystery series: In the quaint town of Blue Lake, Indiana, Lena London is settling into her dream job, but someone is making her life a nightmare...

Things are beginning to go right for Lena. She's got a new job assisting suspense novelist and friend, Camilla Graham. She lives rent-free in Camilla's beautiful, Gothic house. She even has a handsome new boyfriend, Sam West.

After being under attack by the media and his neighbors, Sam has recently been cleared of suspicion for murder. Journalists and townsfolk alike are remorseful, and one blogger would even like to apologize to him in person. But when she's found dead behind Sam's house, Lena must dodge paparazzi as she unravels the many mysteries that threaten to darken the skies of her little town and her newfound love with Sam.

My Review: This was another great book in the series, it was slow to start, but it picked up again. I love the Lena London character, I'm looking forward to what happens with her in the next book.

Reserved for a Bookcrosser.

Journal Entry 2 by JennyC1230 at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Wednesday, November 08, 2017

Released 3 yrs ago (11/8/2017 UTC) at ~ RABCK ~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sending to DVG. I hope you enjoy this book!

Journal Entry 3 by dvg at Toms River, New Jersey USA on Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Thank you JennyC1230 for sharing this and its traveling companions with me! This looks like a good one. I am so looking forward to diving into the story.

Journal Entry 4 by dvg at Toms River, New Jersey USA on Sunday, September 08, 2019
This is the second in the series and I have to say that I enjoyed it as much as the first! Julia Buckley know how to write a good mystery, add a little romance and keep us guessing as we turn the page. The main characters, such as Lena London, are strong. Sam, Camilla and Doug are there from the previous book and it was nice reading about them in the mix. There was a new character, Belinda, not sure if she will be in the next one but I liked the character. As all cozy mysteries, to me, are fast reads so I will not go into details. I enjoyed it, I am looking forward to the next one in the series.

Journal Entry 5 by dvg at BC friend, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (9/11/2019 UTC) at BC friend, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Sending this out to make a BCer smile. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by T02S03B11D20 at Springport, Michigan USA on Monday, September 30, 2019
Thanks for this cozy, have not read this author yet, may have to start a new series! I will probably have to pass it on to my daughter, she is not much of a reader but if it has German Shepherds in it (as pictured on the cover) she will read it. She has a beautiful black one, a new puppy and one that died of cancer last year at the age of 4.