Ancient Egypt: Thebes and the Nile Valley in the year 1200 BCE (Traveller's Guide to the Ancient World)

by Charlotte Booth | History |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 5/15/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Monday, May 15, 2017
I found this good-condition hardcover on the charity-sale shelves at a local Hannaford's. It's a history of ancient Egypt - presented in the form of a travel guide, for use by time-traveling tourists! It's a handsome book with lavish illustrations, on everything from the various pharaohs and temples to the wildlife along the Nile and the agricultural practices of the people. I got a kick out of the "Entertainment on a Budget" section - and the "recommended reading" included pointers to works that were in existence at the time, such as the "Satire of the Trades," a very snarky description of the difficulties of the various jobs from bricklayer to potter to scribe...

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Little Free Library, Rotary Park in Lowell, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, March 18, 2018

Released 10 mos ago (3/18/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library, Rotary Park in Lowell, Massachusetts USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library on this bright, chilly day; hope someone enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Oh the Places We Can Go release challenge. ***