Thirty-Nine Steps (Wordsworth Classics)

by John Buchan | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Chremajora of Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on 5/12/2017
Journal Entry 1 by Chremajora from Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Friday, May 12, 2017
When Richard Hannay Returns from a Long stay in Africa, he becomes caught up in a sensational plot to precipitate a pan-European war.

After the discovery of a corpse in his flat, Hannay flees the attentions of both the conspirators and the Forces of the law, an the pursuit turns into a thrilling manhunt.

Set against the hot summer which precedes the outbreak of the First World War, The Thirty-Nine Steps is one of the finest and most highly admired Thrillers ever written,

Journal Entry 2 by Chremajora at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Friday, May 12, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (5/12/2017 UTC) at Madrid, Madrid Spain

Oh my goodness, you won the classic sweeps! Have you any idea how difficult it is to choose a suitable book for someone as well-read as you?! I hope I have managed to Chose a book you haven't already read, and also one which you will enjoy. I read it a Long time ago (it's just been sitting on my shelf since then) but I know I really enjoyed it and I hope you will, too. Enjoy your sweep winnings!

*****

Happy travels! Don't forget to write home every now and then, little book!

Journal Entry 3 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Wednesday, June 07, 2017
Thank you, Chremajora, you have made me laugh!
Not as well-read as I would like to be... but yes, always happy to re-read these classics.
Thanks for the fabulous box full of books, you have been brilliant! :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Sunday, June 18, 2017
Reserved for a VBB; I will probably re-read it first.

Journal Entry 5 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Monday, August 21, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (8/21/2017 UTC) at Madrid, Madrid Spain

Sent it today to "a fellow bookworm" :) who picked it from the First Sentences VBB.
I hope you enjoy this surprise!

Journal Entry 6 by bookworm76 at Chermside, Queensland Australia on Friday, September 08, 2017
Received this book today. Thank-you Bookwormlady :-)

Journal Entry 7 by bookworm76 at Chermside, Queensland Australia on Sunday, October 13, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (10/13/2019 UTC) at Chermside, Queensland Australia

Finished reading it so passing on to another bookcrosser