Meet Kirsten (American Girl: Kirsten, 1854)

by Janet Shaw | Children's Books |
Registered by wingAzukiwing of Miami, Florida USA on 5/10/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingAzukiwing from Miami, Florida USA on Wednesday, May 10, 2017
I've always loved the American Girls series for the lovely illustration and simple stories that inform about life in the past.

This is the first book of Kirsten, who arrives in America from Sweden. I've hoped to read it for the Oslo BC con, for the Scandinavian connection, but sadly I didn't manage to, despite the book's thinness. Am saving it for the next BC con in Bordeaux.

Journal Entry 2 by wingAzukiwing at Bookcrossing Convention Bordeaux 2018 in Bordeaux, Aquitaine France on Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Released 3 yrs ago (4/21/2018 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention Bordeaux 2018 in Bordeaux, Aquitaine France

I noticed last year we have quite a few young BCers attending, so I've saved up some children books. I enjoy very much the American Girl series, even if I find their products too commercialized.

Hi! How wonderful you've found one of my books! Thank you so much for checking out the journal. I would really appreciate if you can take a moment to let me know you have it now. Trust me, it'll totally make my day to hear from one of my "wild" books.

Bookcrossing is a wonderful online community of book lovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. We are also curious to see how far and wide our books can travel. I would appreciate if you can make a journal entry on this book so we know where the book has been. You don't have to set up an account.

Feel free to keep this book, return it to where you found it, or pass it on to the next reader. If you sign up as a member, you will hear from the book as it travels and gets journaled. Feel free to explore the BookCrossing site, and visit our forum to meet other booklovers. Membership is confidential, free, and spam-free. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by wingmissmarkeywing at Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Sunday, April 29, 2018
Picked up from the book buffet in Bordeaux. Will read and then release on my Children's Book bridge.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmissmarkeywing at Harwell, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 27, 2021
Read and enjoyed a while ago now. Having a half term clear out of my book shelves so am moving this on to a Little Free Library.

Journal Entry 5 by wingmissmarkeywing at Little Free Library in Didcot, Oxfordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (10/27/2021 UTC) at Little Free Library in Didcot, Oxfordshire United Kingdom

I hope you like the book. MissMarkey.