Miranda's Masquerade and Gifford’s Lady

Henny by Saskia Cornish
Registered by wingPoodlesisterwing of Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on 8/28/2018
Journal Entry 1 by wingPoodlesisterwing from Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, August 28, 2018
Bought in British Heart Foundation charity shop, Walthamstow High Street

Journal Entry 2 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, September 04, 2018
Enjoyable escapism

Released 5 mos ago (10/1/2018 UTC) at Royal Mail (RABCK), -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Going to Flutterbies9

Hello!
Happy Bookcrossing!

Join UK Bookcrossers in Ipswich from 5-7th October 2018 http://2018.bcukunconvention.co.uk/

Journal Entry 4 by Flutterbies9 at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Saturday, October 06, 2018
An unexpected escapism box arrived on Thursday and as I was having pc problems I did not manage to journal the books before now. Apologies.

I am sure this will be read quite quickly and will be passed on asap. I do like the 'Henny' book label in this one, I'm not conscious of seeing it previously.

Journal Entry 5 by Flutterbies9 at Meare, Somerset United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 23, 2018
Well this book surprised me. There was more accuracy in the time period in this one than the previous book I had read! Not what I expected from a Mills and Boon. However, much as the time period manners were often well respected, the behaviour of the female characters was decidedly 'modern'. Both these authors I had read very recently in another book so there were no surprises to the writing quality.

That said, both these tales were enjoyable romps and pure welcome escapism.

Journal Entry 6 by Flutterbies9 at A Book box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Thursday, November 01, 2018

Released 4 mos ago (11/2/2018 UTC) at A Book box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

A surprise box (both to me and to the next recipient) of easy reading moving about the country.

Happy travels little books.

Journal Entry 7 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, November 08, 2018
Arrived by post this Monday with four other Regency treats for which, many thanks all, and an exciting surprise as not Halloween Spooky bookies like I was expecting! I recall reading a copy of this book many years ago, and believe I left it in Lochland Chalets, near Dounby on the West Mainland of Orkney. However I’m hoping it was so long ago another read through will be amusingly refreshing, we’ll see!

LORDS & LADIES (Miranda’s Masquerade [1995] & Gifford’s Lady [2002]) by CLAIRE THORNTON & MEG ALEXANDER (2006) | ISBN: 9780263844269 | Publisher: Harlequin M&B
---------------------

MIRANDA’S MASQUERADE by CLAIRE THORNTON [1995]
An entertaining hoot! Mistakenly believing Lord Adam Heston was about to propose, Fanny Gaysford in a hissy fit refuses to see him. Instead Fanny manipulates her identical twin Miranda into pretending to be her. Reluctantly Miranda agrees but after Adam insults ‘Fanny’, believing her to be a young miss on the make Miranda in a fury pretends to misunderstand his intent then [OK bizarrely] accidently finds herself betrothed! Finding Adam willing to call her bluff Miranda and he find themselves in each-others company repeatedly. In this confused turn of events, Miranda’s position becomes unbearable as she falls in love with the arrogant aristocrat but if she reveals her deception she would lose the one thing that now really mattered to her - Adam!

GIFFORD’S LADY by MEG ALEXANDER [2002]
A riot of drama that was rather endearing! Miss Abigail Summers watched in shocked fascination as a man leaped naked from the house across the way. Fighting his own nightmares, Sir Clifford Raven was a man of action, not comfortable in Bath's polite society. Yet impulsive Miss Summers intrigued him and he knew she could help him drive his devils away....

ADDED: SUN 09 DEC 2018 – OK apologies no release notes and those LATE reading notes above as a swift rummage for books to release at a meeting this afternoon found me stumbling upon this forgetting I hadn’t completed my BX admin on it but whisking it away none-the-less. So thanks go to earthcaroleanne [see below] for looking after it at the end of today’s BookCrossing meeting.

Journal Entry 8 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, December 09, 2018
We weren't allowed to leave any books at the Filmhouse OBCZ this month so it's come home with me because I think I might know someone who might like this.

Journal Entry 9 by wingearthcaroleannewing at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, December 15, 2018

Released 3 mos ago (12/16/2018 UTC) at Filmhouse Cinema in Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Taking to the extra Old Gang Christmas Meetup for Poodlesister.

Journal Entry 10 by wingCassandra2020wing at Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, December 17, 2018
Picked up at meetup - thanks

Journal Entry 11 by wingCassandra2020wing at The Glencorse Centre in Auchendinny, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, January 07, 2019

Released 2 mos ago (1/7/2019 UTC) at The Glencorse Centre in Auchendinny, Scotland United Kingdom

Although this book is registered at www.bookcrossing.com, you don't have to be a member. It's perfectly OK to just take the book and enjoy it. Of course, if you can visit the website and let us know that you've picked it up, that would be even better - you don't even have to join, you can add your comments anonymously - you can also post your review when you've read it, then return it or pass it on to someone else.

If you do join Bookcrossing, you'll be able to see what happens to it afterwards - for ever!

Journal Entry 12 by wingCassandra2020wing at Roslin, Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, March 20, 2019
Retrieved from obcz