Love Anthony

by Lisa Genova | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 143916469X Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingbooklady331wing of Cape Coral, Florida USA on 5/1/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingbooklady331wing from Cape Coral, Florida USA on Monday, May 01, 2017
This was sent to me from Simon and Schuster to review on Goodreads and with the company.

If you are new to BookCrossing and found this book and this site, Welcome!

Journal Entry 2 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Tuesday, June 20, 2017
I LOVED Genova’s other books Still Alice, Left Neglected, and really liked inside the O’briens . I felt that Genova really captured the tragedy of Alzheimer’s and dementia in Still Alice. Left Neglect captured traumatic brain injury. The brain is such a mystery to us lay persons and Genova lets us peek inside to show us the effects of these complex ailments. Genova manages to weave a compelling story so that her character's struggles become your own heartbreaking struggles for that short time.

I enjoyed Anthony and Olivia's story. I felt that Genova did a good job telling their story and struggle. But I didn't care for Beth's story. Her writing Anthony's story as some sort of catharsis from her jerky husband cheating on her seemed implausible. Her group of friends was a distraction to the story and didn’t add anything but to make the story border on chick lit instead of literature.
I would still recommend this book, but it isn’t in the same league as her other works. Love Anthony seems to border on chick-lit whereas the previous books were not and so it suffers a bit by comparison.

Released 1 mo ago (4/6/2020 UTC) at ——- wild released somewhere in Cape Coral ——- in Cape Coral, Florida USA

Enjoy!