The Japanese Lover

by Isabel Allende | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingsedna5213wing of Charlottenburg, Berlin Germany on 5/1/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingsedna5213wing from Charlottenburg, Berlin Germany on Monday, May 01, 2017
From the cover:
"In 1939, as the world goes to war, young Alma Belasco's parents send her to live in safety in her aunt's opulent San Francisco mansion. There she meets Ichimei Fukuda, the son of the family's Japanese gardener, and between them a tender love blooms - but theirs is a love they are forever forced to hide.
Decades later, Alma is nearing the end of her long and eventful life. Irina, a care worker, meets the older woman and her grandson, Seth , at Lark House nursing home. As they forge friendship, Irina and Seth become intrigued by the mysterious gifts and letters Alma reveives, and learn about Ichimei and the secret passion that has endured for almost seventy years."

Journal Entry 2 by wingsedna5213wing at Charlottenburg, Berlin Germany on Thursday, May 18, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (5/18/2017 UTC) at Charlottenburg, Berlin Germany

The book was picked from the Alphabet VBB and is now on its way to BaiLong.

Journal Entry 3 by wingBaiLongwing at Shanghai, Shanghai China on Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Thanks! The book arrived today, I was not expecting it so quickly!

Journal Entry 4 by wingBaiLongwing at Shanghai, Shanghai China on Wednesday, March 27, 2019
An interesting read. Quite melancholic.
I cannot help thinking, closing this book, that if my parents had met just a bit earlier, or if there were less courageous than they were, I might have never been. Even thought the time and countries were different, it made me think about their relation and what they had been through.