My Sister Lives on the Mantelpiece

by annabel pitcher | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingDiane-Fraserwing of Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on 4/30/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingDiane-Fraserwing from Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Sunday, April 30, 2017
This is now a bookcrossing book ☺found this world book night 2015 copy in a York charity shop. No indication of where it was first given away. Ready to continue its journey

Journal Entry 2 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (5/31/2017 UTC) at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Welcome to Bookcrossing!
Off to MIL who after a year or so of finding reading too difficult has decided
to take it up again☺

Enjoy!!

Eta 08/06 back with me. MIL enjoyed this book

Journal Entry 3 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Monday, July 03, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (7/3/2017 UTC) at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom

Adding to my first ever bookbox☺

Enjoy!!

Journal Entry 4 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, July 12, 2017
Taken from Diane-Fraser's bookbox, as my TBR pile is massive it may take me a while to get to this.

Journal Entry 5 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, October 08, 2018
I was hooked from the first sentence, this is a wonderful book, one minute you are laughing the next you are heartbroken.

Journal Entry 6 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 09, 2018

Released 11 mos ago (10/10/2018 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

This is now on its way to greenbadger as part of the Alphabet VBB, hope you enjoy this as much as I did :-)

Journal Entry 7 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Friday, October 12, 2018
Chosen from Alphabet VBB round 15. Thank you! :)

Journal Entry 8 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Saturday, November 17, 2018
Ten year old Jamie's sister was killed five years ago, and the family is unable to move on - his mum left, his dad drinks, and his sister Jas has dared to no longer look like Rose. The only good thing in Jamie's life is Roger the cat. Starting at a new school, Jamie ends up lying about his family life, he gets bullied but he thinks he might want to be friends with Sunya - but she's a Muslim and his dad says that Muslims killed his sister. Jamie's struggles to make sense of his life are poignant and touching, definitely worth a read.

Journal Entry 9 by winggreenbadgerwing at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Released 9 mos ago (11/21/2018 UTC) at St Albans, Hertfordshire United Kingdom

Sent to Poodlesister as a wishlist tag.

Journal Entry 10 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, November 29, 2018
I put this on my wishlist after seeing greenbadger with it at the Ipswich Uncon I think. Looks really good. Thanks for the ladybird postcard!

Journal Entry 11 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Thursday, March 28, 2019
I found this funny and moving. Had to stop reading it on the tube at one point as I started to well up with tears.

Journal Entry 12 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Walthamstow, Greater London United Kingdom on Saturday, March 30, 2019
Reserved for ApoloniaX

Journal Entry 13 by wingPoodlesisterwing at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Monday, April 22, 2019

Released 4 mos ago (4/26/2019 UTC) at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany

Giving to ApoloniaX at the BC Convention in Mainz.

Journal Entry 14 by wingApoloniaXwing at Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Wednesday, April 24, 2019
Thank you for bringing it along for me! And thanks for the chocolate and the labels too - and for your company during a little pre-convention Mainz walk & dinner!

Journal Entry 15 by wingApoloniaXwing at Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin Germany on Friday, May 03, 2019
This didn't take me long to get to! A brilliant, moving YA (or teen) novel about a broken family, about racial prejudice, grief, and bullying. Recommendable!

Journal Entry 16 by wingApoloniaXwing at Kappeli in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, May 26, 2019

Released 3 mos ago (5/26/2019 UTC) at Kappeli in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Released at the meet-up.
Happy reading!

Journal Entry 17 by wingkirjakkowing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, May 26, 2019
My first thought was that the title sounds like it could be one of our former patients... The fact that the book has been in York is already a bonus. I also spotted some familiar faces along the thread, Hi there!
I think I will add a label inside the front cover, because even when a bookcrosser gave me this book and I knew what to look for I had difficulty finding the BCID.