Texts from Jane Eyre

Look! A wild book!
Registered by megami-no-ushi of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 3/15/2021
Journal Entry 1 by megami-no-ushi from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, March 15, 2021
Hilariously imagined text conversations―the passive aggressive, the clever, and the strange―from classic and modern literary figures, from Scarlett O'Hara to Jessica Wakefield

Mallory Ortberg, the co-creator of the cult-favorite website The Toast, presents this whimsical collection of hysterical text conversations from your favorite literary characters. Everyone knows that if Scarlett O'Hara had an unlimited text-and-data plan, she'd constantly try to tempt Ashley away from Melanie with suggestive messages. If Mr. Rochester could text Jane Eyre, his ardent missives would obviously be in all-caps. And Daisy Buchanan would not only text while driving, she'd text you to pick her up after she totaled her car. Based on the popular web-feature, Texts from Jane Eyre is a witty, irreverent mashup that brings the characters from your favorite books into the twenty-first century.

Journal Entry 2 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, March 15, 2021

Released 4 mos ago (3/15/2021 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Added to bookbox 2! I picked this up while a friend was still browsing and started to read it and laughed out loud several times, I'm sure making a nuisance of myself to other patrons.

To the finder:

Journal Entry 3 by starbytes at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, June 25, 2021
This was so much fun to read! Some of them made me laugh out loud. I'd most recently read The Song of Achilles, so the Achilles chapter was a really fun perspective on that particular scene! I thought it was going to take me longer to read but I finished it quickly (and I skipped some chapters with characters/books I haven't read because I either didn't know them or didn't want to be spoiled by them), so I'm putting it back into Book Box 2 for the next reader.

Journal Entry 4 by starbytes at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Friday, June 25, 2021

Released 4 wks ago (6/26/2021 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Back into the box you go!

Journal Entry 5 by AnnaDevika at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Intrigued greatly by this book - will try to turn it around quickly for book box 1.

Journal Entry 6 by AnnaDevika at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Thursday, July 1, 2021
A fun quick read. Cute take on classic literature, characters, etc. I found some conversations felt very similar to others but overall enjoyed it.

Journal Entry 7 by AnnaDevika at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, July 19, 2021

Released 4 days ago (7/19/2021 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada