Rainbow Mars

by Larry Niven | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by lane1088 of Indian Trail, North Carolina USA on 4/23/2017
Journal Entry 1 by lane1088 from Indian Trail, North Carolina USA on Sunday, April 23, 2017
A time traveler who goes into the past to retrieve extinct earth species. I liked the imagery created by Niven and the way he weaves a story-line.

I'm putting it in the scifi book box.

Journal Entry 2 by wingBookLovinMamawing at Arnold, Missouri USA on Saturday, May 20, 2017
I received this as part of lane1088’s science fiction book box. Can’t wait to read it!

Journal Entry 3 by wingBookLovinMamawing at Arnold, Missouri USA on Friday, November 1, 2019
Hanville Svetz works for the Institute for Temporal Research, which is in future Earth. He is a time traveler who collects species and specimens from the past.

Svetz learns that Mars was inhabited and convinces his team to go back in time and learn more. What appears to be minutes for Svetz is months for his team back on earth as they build contraptions large enough for his specimens. He begins to notice slight changes when he returns.

The book was a bit slow and difficult to get into. The story suddenly ended and there were short stories at the back of the book. I really enjoyed those stories and would have placed them at the beginning of the book instead.

Journal Entry 4 by wingBookLovinMamawing at A Fellow BookCrosser, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Friday, November 1, 2019

Released 3 yrs ago (11/2/2019 UTC) at A Fellow BookCrosser, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

We're participated in several otherworldly book exchanges over the last two years. It's time to pass along some of the books that we've read so that they can continue the journey.

Journal Entry 5 by bamaforever at Clanton, Alabama USA on Friday, November 8, 2019
Thanks for the box of books!

Journal Entry 6 by bamaforever at Sweeps, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Thursday, December 1, 2022

Released 2 mos ago (12/2/2022 UTC) at Sweeps, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

I'm a very special book. I'm traveling the world in search of new friends. I hope I have found one in you. If you are my new owner please make a brief journal entry with my BCID number. You can read and release me for a new friend to read or keep me. It's your choice!

If you are new to bookcrossing and want to join please consider listing bamaforever as your referral. Welcome to bookcrossing!

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 7 by wingSpatialwing at Moneta, Virginia USA on Sunday, December 4, 2022

✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

Won from the Colorful Surprise Sweep Round 7: Orange.

Thanks for the lovely book and surprises!

I have one of Niven’s other novels on my shelf waiting to be read. This will be a nice companion.
Thanks!