The Currents of Space

by Isaac Asimov | Science Fiction & Fantasy | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 0765319179 Global Overview for this book
Registered by lane1088 of Charlotte, North Carolina USA on 4/23/2017
Journal Entry 1 by lane1088 from Charlotte, North Carolina USA on Sunday, April 23, 2017
I found this in an used bookstore and the front cover intrigued me. I thought it would be a good addition to the scifi book box.

Journal Entry 2 by emmejo at Trumansburg, New York USA on Friday, June 02, 2017
Selected from the Sci-Fi Bookbox. Thank you!

Journal Entry 3 by emmejo at Trumansburg, New York USA on Tuesday, February 20, 2018
I gave up on this one about a hundred pages in. I enjoyed Asimov's writing and humor, but couldn't get into the plot or characters. Hopefully it will mesh better with the next reader.

Journal Entry 4 by emmejo at Trumansburg, New York USA on Friday, March 09, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (3/9/2018 UTC) at Trumansburg, New York USA

One of the starting volumes in the Otherworldly (Shrinking) Bookbox

Journal Entry 5 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Thursday, May 03, 2018
I'm claiming this from the Otherworldly bookbox. I've read and enjoyed many of Asimov's works over the decades (and have tried to read and gave up on a few - never got into the "Foundation" books), but this is one that I hadn't come across before.

Later: Hmmm. Looks like this is more in the "Foundation" category of Asimov's work than his short stories, and I found it hard to get into the galactic complexities - though I did appreciate Asimov's attempt to highlight racism and present his own version of how to battle it on such a huge scale. Still, this won't go on my "Favorite Asimov Works" list. Will turn it loose and see if it finds a more appreciative reader!

[There's a TV Tropes page on Asimov and his work, including this book.]

Released 1 yr ago (5/11/2018 UTC) at Little Free Library, 561 Walnut St in Lynn, Massachusetts USA

I left this book in the Little Free Library. Hope the finder enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

*** Released for the 2018 Keep Them Moving release challenge. ***