Jennie (Collins Modern Classics)

by Paul Gallico | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingTrojanhorsewing of Petersfield, Hampshire United Kingdom on 4/21/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingTrojanhorsewing from Petersfield, Hampshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 21, 2017
From the back of the book:
"Have you ever wondered what a cat's life is like? Peter is about to find out... Waking from a serious accident, he finds himself transformed. The world is a dangerous place for him, but luckily he is befriended by the kindly cat Jennie."

Journal Entry 2 by wingTrojanhorsewing at Petersfield, Hampshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 21, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (4/21/2017 UTC) at Petersfield, Hampshire United Kingdom

Passed to a member of the family.
Welcome to bookcrossing!
Congratulations on finding this book. I hope you enjoy it.
Please make a journal entry so I know the book is safe with you (this can be done anonymously if you prefer) and then read and re-release the book for someone else to enjoy!
Better still join Bookcrossing (please consider using me, Trojanhorse as your referring member) then you can follow the book as it continues its travels.
Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Petersfield, Hampshire United Kingdom on Friday, April 21, 2017
received today, looking forward to reading Jennie, which I read years ago as a schoolgirl

Journal Entry 4 by wingTrojanhorsewing at Haslemere, Surrey United Kingdom on Thursday, April 05, 2018
Received back from a family friend.

Journal Entry 5 by wingTrojanhorsewing at The Spring Arts & Heritage Centre in Havant, Hampshire United Kingdom on Saturday, February 23, 2019

Released 3 wks ago (2/23/2019 UTC) at The Spring Arts & Heritage Centre in Havant, Hampshire United Kingdom

I'm taking this book to the Hampshire Bookcrossers meet up today.

Welcome to bookcrossing!
Congratulations on finding this book. I hope you enjoy it.
Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 6 by TempleCloud at Havant, Hampshire United Kingdom on Saturday, February 23, 2019
It's years since I last read this, so I was pleased to renew acquaintance with it. PDB11 and I take it in turns to read books to each other, and we enjoyed sharing Gallico's 'The Boy Who Invented the Bubble Gun' (a very different setting, with human protagonists, but a similar story of two random travelling companions who become friends, and a naive boy being befriended by a more worldly-wise, but still fallible and vulnerable adult). Also, I know he likes 'The Silent Miaow', so this should appeal. I can't guarantee to do a convincing Scots accent for Jennie when reading this aloud - but then, I didn't even try to do American accents for the characters in 'The Boy Who Invented the Bubble Gun'.

Do other adults read each other bedtime stories? PDB11 and I started doing this on our honeymoon, when we found an English edition of 'Dragon Rider' by Cornelia Funke (which PDB11 had already read, and I have since read, in the original German, but it's still good in English). Authors we have found work well include Terry Pratchett and Georgette Heyer.