The Coroner's Lunch (Dr Siri Paiboun Mystery 1)

by Colin Cotterill, Quercus | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 1847241964 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingrainbow3wing of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 4/20/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingrainbow3wing from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, April 20, 2017
Undecided as whether to release this on International BookCrossing Day 2017, Friday 21 April or not as I have birthday book giving and holiday release plans afoot also! In the interim, registration:

Cover: ‘Richer plots that Alexander McCall Smith’s African detective stories, but the same comic charm. Sunday Times

In Laos in the year 1976, the royal family has been deposed and the Communists have taken over. Despite a total lack of training experience and inclination, Dr Siri Paiboun has just been appointed State Coroner for the Lao People’s Democratic Republic. . .because he’s the only doctor left in Laos.
But when the wife of a Party Leader is wheeled into the morgue, the bodies of tortured Vietnamese soldiers start bobbing to the surface of a Laotian lake, and an international crisis looms. . .all eyes turn to the new coroner

Praise for Thirty-Three Teeth
‘The National coroner of Laos is an endearing, energetic seventy-something, with a lively sense of humour… Fascinating background, engaging characters and witty dialogue’ SUNDAY TELEGRAPH
‘Cotterill writes in a wonderfully wry, witty way that leaves me laughing out loud and wanting more’ OXFORD TIMES
‘A very welcome follow up the The Coronor’s Lunch, bringing back the delightful cast of characters. . . entertaining and very witty’ TANGLED WEB

THE CORONER'S LUNCH (Dr. Siri Paiboun #1) by COLIN COTTERILL (2004) | ISBN: 9781847241962 (UK pb) | Publisher: Quercus

I'm happy to note that as of August 2017, when THE RAT CATCHER’S OLYMPICS is to be published, the Dr. Siri Paiboun series shall number 12! So lots more enjoyment to come - Yay!

Journal Entry 2 by wingrainbow3wing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, April 20, 2017
In enthusiastic, though sadly uninformed, keenness to grasp hold of more books in this series I appear to have bagged a second copy of THE CORONER’S LUNCH, book 1 in series. This copy then can head into the world of BookCrossing travel soon. Not started on this series so far, therefore there are no reading notes as yet.

Actually I have a number of release project ideas for this but until I settle on one I will make it ‘Available’ in case another bookcrosser is searching for it.

Journal Entry 3 by wingrainbow3wing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, December 07, 2017
Happy days and notification of current plan – Happy days as it turns out that I managed to pick up a two copies of THE CORONER'S LUNCH so this copy is heading off in Plumb-crazy’s World of Crime Book Box.
---------------------

With a charmingly light and deliciously subversive turn of humour Cotterill introduces us to the life and work of Dr Siri Paiboun, from his shocked introduction into the role of State Coroner . . . OK – small hic-up here I haven’t finessed my reading notes so will have to return and add them once complete!

Journal Entry 4 by wingrainbow3wing at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, December 07, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (12/6/2017 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Happy Trails Intriguing Book!

Posted Wednesday 6th December in Plumb-crazy’s World of Crime Book Box, I look forward to the next readers thoughts with an eager ear, erm, sort of metaphorically speaking!

Journal Entry 5 by wingbrunton11wing at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Sunday, December 10, 2017
Selected from the World of Crime Book Box.

Journal Entry 6 by wingbrunton11wing at Chester, Cheshire United Kingdom on Saturday, February 09, 2019
Really enjoyed the character of Dr Siri, less sure about the spirits etc. I may need to read a few more of these to make up my mind ;)

Returning to the 2019 World of Crime bookbox.

Journal Entry 7 by wingNataliec7wing at Barry, Wales United Kingdom on Friday, March 01, 2019
Chosen from the World of Crime bookbox