Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok Volume 1

by Sakura Kinoshita | Graphic Novels |
Registered by wingGoryDetailswing of Nashua, New Hampshire USA on 4/19/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingGoryDetailswing from Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, April 19, 2017
I found this fair-condition softcover at a local Savers thrift shop. It's from a series that I first encountered via its anime adaptation, an amusing romp about a young boy who's a detective - and is also the Norse god Loki, though for various reasons he's in this unusual form. Part of the fun is in trying to spot which other Norse-pantheon characters are in the story, and in what guises! (Hint: some of them are Loki's children - though here, they're either older than he is or even a different species...)

Cute artwork, convoluted plots, with interference from many other mythological characters who show up in one guise or another.

[There's a TV Tropes page on the series with some entertaining tidbits.]

Journal Entry 2 by wingGoryDetailswing at Parlee Farm, 95 Farwell Rd. in Tyngsboro, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, July 20, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (7/20/2017 UTC) at Parlee Farm, 95 Farwell Rd. in Tyngsboro, Massachusetts USA

I left this book and Vol. 2, bagged against the elements, on a bench near the goats-in-the-trees pen. Hope the finder enjoys the books! (The goat in the photo was VERY interested in what I was doing; I did reward him by feeding him some of the goat-kibble after I dropped off the books.)

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

*** Released for the 2017 TV Series release challenge. ***