Teacher Man

by Frank McCourt | Biographies & Memoirs | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Aramena of Moore, Oklahoma USA on 6/15/2017
Journal Entry 1 by Aramena from Moore, Oklahoma USA on Thursday, June 15, 2017
I don't remember where or why I got this book since I read another copy back in January!

Teaching has got to be one of the hardest jobs around, and I admire anyone brave enough to make a career of it. Mr. McCourt writes very honestly about his feelings of inadequacy, constantly wondering how to get a handle on the job and expecting to be fired for being a fraud. His methods were unusual, but he was able to connect with kids and get their attention.

The writing flows, sometimes almost in a stream of consciousness style, as Mr. McCourt relates incidents, anecdotes and thoughts and feelings. I read this book in two days, something I've not done with a book in a long time. Partly because I had some time what with our office being closed due to an ice storm, but mostly because the writing and the narration just pulled me in and I became unaware of time passing. The end came all too soon.

Journal Entry 2 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Tuesday, July 04, 2017
Thank you for sending this book to me for the Non-Fiction sweeps.
The fact that you have enjoyed it so much makes it extra-special; and of course, I love biographies!
Thank you, you have been brilliant! :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingBookworm-ladywing at Madrid, Madrid Spain on Friday, July 20, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (7/20/2018 UTC) at Madrid, Madrid Spain

Sent to the winner of the INTL LAUGH DAY Book and Bookmark Sweeps... with some sticker-bookmarks...
I hope you'll like it; congrats on winning...

Journal Entry 4 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Friday, August 10, 2018
Thank you for the book. I just read this one last year and enjoyed it very much. So I will probably find a new home for this copy soon.

Dear Fellow Reader,

This is a travelling book which is free for you to read, keep or pass along.

I have registered the book at www.bookcrossing.com so that others and I can see where this book goes. I hope you will make a journal entry on the website to mark its journey; you do not have to register or sign up for anything to do so. But if you sign up, you can follow the book's journey too. I encourage you to explore the site, share books and make the world a library.

Enjoy the read.