The Name of the Wind (Kingkiller Chronicles, Day 1)

by Patrick Rothfuss | Science Fiction & Fantasy | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Panzeranzi of Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on 4/16/2017
Journal Entry 1 by Panzeranzi from Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Sunday, April 16, 2017
"'I have stolen princesses back from sleeping barrow kings. I burned down the town of Trebon. I have spent the night with Felurian and left with both my sanity and my life. I was expelled from the University at a younger age than most people are allowed in. I tread paths by moonlight that others fear to speak of during day. I have talked to Gods, loved women, and written songs that make the minstrels weep. My name is Kvothe. You may have heard of me' So begins the tale of Kvothe - currently known as Kote, the unassuming innkeepter - from his childhood in a troupe of traveling players, through his years spent as a near-feral orphan in a crime-riddled city, to his daringly brazen yet successful bid to enter a difficult and dangerous school of magic. In these pages you will come to know Kvothe the notorious magician, the accomplished thief, the masterful musician, the dragon-slayer, the legend-hunter, the lover, the thief and the infamous assassin. The Name of the Wind is fantasy at its very best, and an astounding must-read title." (bokus.se)

I liked the book even if I'm not an avid fantasy reader.

Journal Entry 2 by Panzeranzi at St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Monday, April 17, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (4/21/2017 UTC) at St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway

On your wishlist!

Journal Entry 3 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Friday, April 21, 2017
Thank you! You are a star.

Journal Entry 4 by wingHaugtussawing at Stavanger, Rogaland fylke Norway on Sunday, June 10, 2018
Wow!
What can I say? This book pulled me into it's story, and I had problems putting it down. Luckily I did have a bit of reading time this weekend, thus I could live with Kvothe for a while.
The plot was amazing, the characters brilliant, and the writing beautiful. What more can you ask for? Now I'll pass it on to my son, afterwards I don't know. This may end up being a keeper...