Sorcerer to the Crown

by Zen Cho | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by wingBAMPwing of Linköping, Östergötland Sweden on 4/15/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingBAMPwing from Linköping, Östergötland Sweden on Saturday, April 15, 2017
In Regency London, Zacharias Wythe is England's first African Sorcerer Royal. But how can he enjoy his position, while a faction schemes to remove him? He's also haunted by hid dead mentor, and the Fairy Court is refusing to supply England with magic ... just when the government demands it for their blasted Franch war.

Ambitious orphan Prunella is determined to escape a life of drudgery. So when the beleaguered Sorcerer Royal visits the school where she works, she seizes her opportunity. Prunella's stumbled upon the greatest magical discovery in centuries - and she intends to use it. The last thing Zacharias needs is a female magical prodigy! But together, they could change sorcery forever.
( from the Cover)

“Magic, manners and dragons in Regency England — this alone would be awesome, but Zen Cho adds a veneer of comment on English colonial politics …. Like a mix of Jane Austen, PG Wodehouse, and Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell, and all its own thing. Glorious.” Aliette de Bodard, awardwinning author of Obsidian and Blood and The House of Shattered Wings

Journal Entry 2 by wingBAMPwing at Oslo, NSS Parcel! -- Controlled Releases on Sunday, April 16, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (4/21/2017 UTC) at Oslo, NSS Parcel! -- Controlled Releases

To my NSS partner at the Convention in Oslo 2017.

Journal Entry 3 by wingdracessawing at St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway on Monday, April 24, 2017
Vielen vielen Dank für das großartige Paket! Ich bin schlicht überwältigt.
Die Drachen sind toll! Vielleicht kann ich die Schablonen nutzen, um die nächste Tasche oder einen Rock zu verzieren...
Und das Buch hätte ich mir auch selbst aussuchen können. Ich glaube, es trifft genau meinen Geschmack. Jedenfalls bin ich schon sehr neugierig und freue mich darauf, es zu lesen.

Journal Entry 4 by wingdracessawing at Mönchengladbach, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Monday, May 06, 2019
I don't use to read english books (maybe once a year). So it took me a little time to finish thist one. Now I read it at last on my hollidays and I enjoyed it verry much. There ist magic, there are dragons and ther's an intresting story of course. So thanks verry much for this book, that I would never have found without bookcrossing.