I Need a Lifeguard Everywhere but the Pool

Registered by dvg of Toms River, New Jersey USA on 4/13/2017
Journal Entry 1 by dvg from Toms River, New Jersey USA on Thursday, April 13, 2017
I won a ARC from the publisher, St Martin's Press, via Goodreads website. Received it yesterday, starting now. =)

"Lisa and Francesca, mother and daughter, bring you the laughter of their lives." ―Delia Ephron, bestselling author

The bestselling and “perennially hilarious” mother-daughter team is back with a new collection of stories from their real lives, guaranteed to make you laugh out loud. Join Lisa and Francesca as they regret drunk-shopping online, try smell-dating, and explore the freedom of a hiatus from men - a Guyatus. They offer a fresh and funny take on the triumphs and facepalm moments of modern life, showing that when it comes to navigating the crazy world we live in, you’re always your own best lifeguard.

Journal Entry 2 by dvg at Toms River, New Jersey USA on Sunday, April 23, 2017
I have read Lisa Scottoline's Rosato & Associates series and her other fiction books and love them. I have read a few by this mother-daughter writing duo and honestly have enjoyed what I have read in these true life essays.

This is no exception. They make me laugh with them. I feel like I am sitting at the kitchen table with friends sharing stories. My favorite was Lisa’s gardening essay when she discovered the snakes (I had the same reaction). I celebrated Francesca’s moment of empowerment after an attack.

Thank you, ladies, for sharing your life with the world. I enjoy the writing style, the touch of sarcasm, the honesty you will feel in the words. I highly recommend this read. I know you can relate to either Lisa or Francesca – probably both! So sit by the pool with a big bowl of spaghetti and enjoy. (Lisa fans will get that.) Highly recommended!

Journal Entry 3 by dvg at Surprise For Another BookCrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, April 27, 2017

Released 3 yrs ago (4/27/2017 UTC) at Surprise For Another BookCrosser, A RABCK -- Controlled Releases

This is now traveling as a surprise RABCK to JennyC1230. I hope you enjoy this fun read. I had many chuckles and hope you do too.
Happy Reading and Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, May 01, 2017
This looks like a lot of fun! Thanks for thinking of me. :-)

Journal Entry 5 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Friday, February 15, 2019
My Review: This was such a fun read! I love good comedy and these writers are awesome. It's kind of neat because the chapters are spaced out, so you get the mom's generation viewpoint, then her daughter's generation viewpoint. They aren't totally different, but that just makes it more interesting. I hope my daughter and I are close like Lisa and Francesca when she is 30 and I am 60. :-)

Released 2 yrs ago (2/18/2019 UTC) at Little Free Library - Noonday Creek Trailhead in Woodstock, Georgia USA

Left in the Little Free Library on the Noonday Creek Trailhead near Downtown Woodstock. Enjoy!