corner corner Moonlight Over Paris: A Novel

Moonlight Over Paris: A Novel
by Jennifer Robson | Literature & Fiction
Registered by wingstarrdustwing of Cookstown, Ontario Canada on 3/25/2017

status (set by Maranlin): to be read

Journal Entry 1 by wingstarrdustwing from Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Saturday, March 25, 2017

From the inside front cover flap:"Spring 1924. Recovering from a broken wartime engagement and a serious illness that left her near death, Lady Helena Montagu-Douglas-Parr vows that for once she will live life on her own terms. Breaking free from the stifling social constraints of the aristocratic society in which she was raised, she travels to France to stay with her free-spirited aunt. For one year, she will simply be Miss Parr. She will explore the picturesque streets of Paris, meet people who know nothing of her past - - and pursue her dream of becoming an artist."

Journal Entry 2 by wingstarrdustwing at Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, November 01, 2017

Starting to read this book today.

Journal Entry 3 by wingstarrdustwing at Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Wednesday, November 15, 2017

This is the third novel written by Canadian author Jennifer Robson and once again her writing has captivated me. She thoroughly researches her storyline and the settings of her novels, and in this book the reader is taken to Paris in 1924-1925 where Helen (affectionately known as Ellie) spends a year living with her aunt and studying art. It is a year of self-discovery, finding new love and crossing paths with newly-emerging authors like Hemingway and F. Scott Fitzgerald. It was one of those books where I was sorry to turn the last page, and wished the story could continue on.

Journal Entry 4 by wingstarrdustwing at Cookstown, Ontario Canada on Sunday, November 19, 2017

Released 4 wks ago (11/18/2017 UTC) at Cookstown, Ontario Canada

Passed this book on to my sister, Maranlin for her to read as she has also enjoyed the first two books written by Jennifer Robson.

To the finder of this book:
Hello and congratulations! You have not only found yourself a good book, but a whole community of booklovers dedicated to sharing books with each other and the world at large. I hope that you will write a journal entry letting me know that the book has been found, and that you'll stick around a bit and get to know Bookcrossing. Feel free to read and keep this book, or to pass it on to a friend or even set it out "in the wild" for someone else to find like you did. And if you do choose to join, I hope you'll consider using me, starrdust, as your referring member.

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 5 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Sunday, November 19, 2017

This book is on loan to me from my sister starrdust. Thank you so much for sharing your book with me. I am really looking forward to reading this.