Half Broke Horses: A True-Life Novel

by Jeannette Walls | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wing6of8wing of Silver Spring, Maryland USA on 3/20/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wing6of8wing from Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Monday, March 20, 2017
A book that I recently acquired for the purposes of giving it away at an upcoming book festival with my friends in BCinDC.

Released 4 yrs ago (4/23/2017 UTC) at Day Of The Book (Street Festival) On Howard Avenue in Kensington, Maryland USA

This book is one of many being passed along to potential readers at the
Kensington Book Festival by members of BookCrossing in Washington DC (BCinDC).

We are excited to be able to share this book with you and hope that you are equally excited by receiving a free book. The book is given freely to you to enjoy as you see fit, although if you choose to someday share it with someone else we encourage you to do so.

Journal Entry 3 by authorauthor at Kensington, Maryland USA on Thursday, April 27, 2017
This one came home with me after the Kensington Day of the Book Festival last weekend.

Journal Entry 4 by authorauthor at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Saturday, January 18, 2020
Excellent book that will be of special interest to anyone who has read Jeannette Walls's memoir, The Glass Castle (though it's not necessary to have read it; this one stands alone). The earlier book told of the author's own unusual upbringing. This one focuses on Walls's maternal grandmother, Lily Casey Smith. At age six, Lily was breaking horses. At 15, she left home to teach on the frontier. She raised two children, ran a vast ranch in Arizona; flew a plane; and survived tornadoes, floods, and droughts. Her granddaughter recounts Lily's remarkable life in this compelling book.

Journal Entry 5 by authorauthor at Panera - 1780 East Jefferson Street in Rockville, Maryland USA on Saturday, January 18, 2020

Released 2 yrs ago (1/18/2020 UTC) at Panera - 1780 East Jefferson Street in Rockville, Maryland USA

This will be available on the book buffet table at the Bookcrossing meetup.

********************************

Welcome to BookCrossing!

If you pass it on to someone or leave it "in the wild" for someone else to find, please make another journal entry or release notes here to explain that it's traveling to find another home.

You can remain anonymous on the website or join BookCrossing. Joining is free, safe, and spam-free and you'll get an e-mail every time a new person finds this book and logs in on the site to say so. You'll be able to watch it move around and find out where it's been and what other readers thought of it.

I hope you enjoy the book. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 6 by wingMelydiawing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Monday, January 20, 2020
Picked up at the BCinDC meetup on Saturday. I liked The Glass Castle so maybe I’ll like this one too.