corner corner Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years)

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (Wicked Years)
by Gregory Maguire | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by wingnimrodielwing of Evanston, Illinois USA on 11/9/2017

status (set by nimrodiel): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by wingnimrodielwing from Evanston, Illinois USA on Thursday, November 09, 2017

I have been waiting to read this for awhile now. As a huge fan of the original Oz books I wasn't sure I wanted to read this one back when it first became popular. But I picked this copy up from the book exchange shelf at work last year and pulled it out for a spooky October read. I enjoyed it although it turned the world of Oz around in a totally different way than the original stories. We as readers follow the history of the woman who becomes known as the Wicked Witch of the West from birth to death. We get to see her apprehension, her doubts, her feelings of outcast due to her differences.

Journal Entry 2 by wingnimrodielwing at Little free library #44604 - Custer and Linden Place in Evanston, Illinois USA on Thursday, November 09, 2017

Released 1 wk ago (11/9/2017 UTC) at Little free library #44604 - Custer and Linden Place in Evanston, Illinois USA

I'm leaving this in the little free library on my way to work.