Ranma 1/2, Vol. 23

more fun than q-tips
by Rumiko Takahashi | Graphic Novels |
ISBN: 159116060x Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingnimrodielwing of Evanston, Illinois USA on 5/24/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingnimrodielwing from Evanston, Illinois USA on Wednesday, May 24, 2017
I picked this up from book mooch to read as I enjoyed the anime and the previous manga volumes I have read in the past. I have read this series sporadically, so hopefully this stands up on its own as it is rather far into the series.

Journal Entry 2 by wingnimrodielwing at Evanston, Illinois USA on Saturday, June 03, 2017
Ranma 1/2 was the anime I watched a lot back when I first started getting an interest in anime back in high school. I had read some of the manga novels that Viz media put out in the US in the late '90's and early 2000's. I had not read this one back then. I enjoyed revisiting the escapades of Ranma as he battles new and old foes both as his male self and his female alter ego.

Journal Entry 3 by wingnimrodielwing at Evanston, Illinois USA on Saturday, June 03, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (7/1/2017 UTC) at Evanston, Illinois USA

This is being added into my manga & graphic novel book box.

Journal Entry 4 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Tuesday, July 04, 2017
I'm claiming this from the manga/graphic novel bookbox.

Later: This one didn't thrill me, I'm afraid. Between the characters-who-look-too-much-alike (and that's not counting Ranma's male and female personas) and all the "Boobies!" jokes and cleavage shots, I rather lost interest in the story. The whole thing's an odd mix of high-school hijinx and magical battles - and boob-jokes - and I admit its charm escapes me {wry grin}. But perhaps someone else will enjoy it!

Interestingly, I've enjoyed some of Takahashi's other series, including InuYasha - which, for me, has a better balance of humor, magic, and characters. Perhaps my favorite work of hers is Mermaid Saga, a much darker series...

[There's an extensive TV Tropes page on the manga and spinoffs, including the 1989 anime.]

Released 1 yr ago (7/7/2017 UTC) at Little Free Library, Kestrel Lane in Westford, Massachusetts USA

I plan to leave this book in the Little Free Library; hope the finder enjoys it!

[See other recent releases in MA here.]

*** Released for the 2017 Keep Them Moving release challenge. ***