The Black Dudley Murder (aka The Crime at Black Dudley) (Albert Campion, Bk 1)

by Margery Allingham | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by wingHI77wing of Fort Myers, Florida USA on 3/19/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingHI77wing from Fort Myers, Florida USA on Sunday, March 19, 2017
They say that a

host is at your service,
but how far does that extend?

Journal Entry 2 by wingHI77wing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Thursday, March 23, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (3/23/2017 UTC) at Fort Myers, Florida USA

Surprise!! :D

Sorry about the extra work I made sending you a book that you had to mail on. But no worries! I wouldn't just shoulder you with that and not try to give you something back.

So here's an old wishlist book of yours to kick off your list! ;)

Journal Entry 3 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Friday, March 31, 2017
Thank you so much - what a nice surprise! You didn't have to do that but I'm very happy! :-)

Journal Entry 4 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, May 17, 2018
I enjoyed this older Country House murder mystery. Lots of interesting characters, from some scary ones to the delightfully eccentric Albert Campion. I'll look for more from this author.

Amazon:
George Abbershaw is set for a social weekend at Black Dudley manor, hosted by Wyatt Petrie and his elderly uncle Colonel Combe, who enjoys the company of Bright Young Things. With Meggie Oliphant in attendance, George looks forward to the chance of getting closer to the girl he's set his heart on. But when murder spoils the party, the group soon find out that not only is there a killer in their midst, but the house is also under the control of notorious criminals. Trapped and at their mercy, George must find a way to thwart their diabolical plans while getting himself and Meggie out alive.

Luckily for Abbershaw, among the guests is Albert Campion--a garrulous and affable party-crasher with a great knack for solving mysteries and interrogating suspects.

The Crime at Black Dudley, first published in 1929, is the first novel to introduce Margery Allingham's amiable and much loved sleuth--Albert Campion.

Edit: Reserved for bookstogive's Mystery/Thriller/Suspense VBB (round 21)

Journal Entry 5 by wingeponine38wing at Winchester, Massachusetts USA on Monday, March 11, 2019

Released 7 mos ago (3/11/2019 UTC) at Winchester, Massachusetts USA

On its way to ReallyBookish via bookstogive's Mystery/Thriller/Suspense VBB. Hope you like it!

Released for 2019 Keep Them Moving Challenge hosted by booklady331.

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 6 by wingReallyBookishwing at Furlong, Pennsylvania USA on Friday, March 15, 2019
Received today. Thanks so much! I hope to get to this one before too long.