All Souls' Day

by Cees Nooteboom | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by romney of Semaphore, South Australia Australia on 4/5/2017
Journal Entry 1 by romney from Semaphore, South Australia Australia on Wednesday, April 05, 2017
Taking to Oslo for release.

Released 3 yrs ago (4/21/2017 UTC) at Bookcrossing Convention Oslo 2017 in St. Hanshaugen bydel, Oslo fylke Norway

I hope this book makes someone's day. If it's not your kind of read, journal it, pass it on and join in the fun of watching books you have touched travel the world!

Journal Entry 3 by wingsakirmowing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Monday, April 24, 2017
Taken from the book buffet - usually anything related to Berlin is a must-read for me!

(just realised this was even on my wishlist! My lucky day :D)

Journal Entry 4 by wingsakirmowing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Released 3 yrs ago (11/1/2017 UTC) at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

Strangely fascinating, although the story (or actually the lack thereof) was a bit exhausting... There were a million things crammed into this book but hardly any proper storyline to follow. Kind of like real life, come to think of it :D Also, knowing most places that he mentiones in Berlin made me feel nicely nostalgic.

Moving on via Authors from unusual countries -sweepstakes; perhaps not the most unusual country but the best I could come up with this time, so hopefully the recipient will enjoy it :)

Journal Entry 5 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Tuesday, November 07, 2017
Woo hoo, I'm the decoy! Thanks for the lovely surprise. Although The Netherlands isn't that far away, reading a book from a Dutch author is very unusual for me, the only one I can think of is Anne Frank. So thanks for introducing me to this one. :-)

Journal Entry 6 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Monday, November 27, 2017
My favourite part of this book was where the main character was spending time with his friends. I really like eavesdropping on their conversations! I don't think I would have come across this book if it wasn't for Bookcrossing so thanks very much for sending it to me Sakirmo.

Journal Entry 7 by bookfrogster at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Saturday, April 07, 2018

Released 2 yrs ago (4/7/2018 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

And off it goes to 4evagreen as part of the "Reading it, want it UK" thread
Happy reading!

Journal Entry 8 by 4evagreen at Furness Vale, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Monday, April 09, 2018
Book arrived safely. Thanks for sharing I look forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 9 by 4evagreen at Furness Vale, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, August 29, 2018
Coincidentally I recently finished reading Paul Auster's ' The Book of Illusions' in which, as with this novel, the central character had recently lost in his family in an aeroplane crash. Now although I didn't feel that Auster's book is a particularly great one I do feel that he manages to demonstrate the daily sufferings following untimely loss far better than Nooteboom does.

This book was not originally written in English so I am willing to admit that it is possible that something was lost in translation. Therefore, if I happen to stumble across another of the author's works I will be willing to give it a go.

Journal Entry 10 by 4evagreen at Whaley Bridge, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 05, 2018

Released 2 yrs ago (9/5/2018 UTC) at Whaley Bridge, Derbyshire United Kingdom

Spotted this on a wishlist so travelling off to hopefully make a new friend. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 11 by kingfan30 at -- Somewhere in Lincs, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Friday, September 07, 2018
Wondered who on earth was knocking on our door at 10.30 at night to find it was our neighbour with a parcel of books and not an axe murderer 😂

16 Oct 2020 - I picked this book up and flicked through quickly groaning as I spotted paragraphs that were more than a page long! I The started reading, got around 20 pages in but kept getting distracted as it was a bust week. I put it down and read something else until the weekend when life calmed down and I had time to try and get into it properly. And although those fist twenty or so pages did sink in second time round I’m not sure I should of bothered. This just wasn’t my sort of book. And although there was the odd sentence that stood out as thought provoking, I just didn’t care for any of the characters, and the story line didn’t really hold any interest.

Journal Entry 12 by kingfan30 at Telephone Box in Burton Coggles, Lincolnshire United Kingdom on Sunday, October 18, 2020

Released 4 mos ago (10/18/2020 UTC) at Telephone Box in Burton Coggles, Lincolnshire United Kingdom

Left in the telephone box library for someone else to enjoy