The Trump Survival Guide: Everything You Need to Know About Living Through What You Hoped Would Never Happen

by Gene Stone | Other |
Registered by wingLittleWhiteBirdwing of Pasadena, California USA on 3/7/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingLittleWhiteBirdwing from Pasadena, California USA on Tuesday, March 7, 2017
I found this book at the Little Free Library in front of Vroman's. I think this may be interesting for my friend and me before we set it traveling again for others to read.

The book offers guidance and concrete solutions.

Update: I took the book to my friend three days after registering.

Journal Entry 2 by wingLittleWhiteBirdwing at Pasadena, California USA on Thursday, April 13, 2017
I got the book back from my friend. She says it's mostly straight forward, but good advice.

Journal Entry 3 by wingLittleWhiteBirdwing at Pasadena, California USA on Saturday, May 20, 2017

Released 7 yrs ago (5/20/2017 UTC) at Pasadena, California USA

It was good to read about some of the history and background put together in this book. It touches on different topics such as civil rights, the economy, education, the environment, immigration, and more. On each topic, the author first gives some general historical background, then asks What did Barack Obama do?, then What might Donald Trump do? And finally gives advice on What you can do and Books to read.

I was happy to find that I already do some of the things he suggests, and was glad to see additional reasonable suggestions.

6of8 has this on her wishlist, so I'm sending this to her.

I hope you enjoy the book. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 4 by wing6of8wing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Thursday, June 1, 2017
Thanks for this book in my mailbox. I will read it in the next little while and then I will have to figure out which of my friends to share it with.

Journal Entry 5 by wing6of8wing at Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Tuesday, June 13, 2017
A great summary of the mess we are in, how we got here, and things to look for. Best of all, suggestions for what to do to make a difference and to counter the atmosphere of hate and stupidity threatening to take over the country.

Journal Entry 6 by wing6of8wing at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA on Sunday, June 25, 2017

Released 7 yrs ago (6/25/2017 UTC) at -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, etc, Virginia USA

This book is going to meet-up with me today and hopefully going home with someone else.

Journal Entry 7 by wingKateKintailwing at Burke, Virginia USA on Monday, June 26, 2017
I think I needed this book. So I claimed it at the end of today's meetup.

Journal Entry 8 by wingKateKintailwing at Burke, Virginia USA on Sunday, June 16, 2024
I feel extremely guilty for having kept this book so long. I finally read it a few months ago. I wish I'd read it earlier, so that many others could have learned and used the knowledge to help them survive.

That being said, it was interesting to read AFTER the Trump presidency is over. SO MUCH of what the book predicted was blown out of the water. It was a lot worse than we could have guessed.

Also, the man is still in our lives, still in the news, still running for president again. So maybe it's still a relevant book for people like me to read.

Journal Entry 9 by wingKateKintailwing at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Sunday, June 16, 2024

Released 3 wks ago (6/16/2024 UTC) at Alexandria, Virginia USA

Bringing this to a BCinDC meeting so it can find a new reader. Enjoy!

Welcome to BookCrossing!

I hope you enjoy the book. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 10 by wingSqNutZipswing at Alexandria, Virginia USA on Monday, June 17, 2024
Picked from the book buffet at the BCinDC June meet-up. Heaven help us we all need a survival guide such as this. I never thought we'd be here again... hopefully lightning will not strike twice.