Dogside Story

by Patricia Grace | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by futurecat of Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on 3/5/2017
Journal Entry 1 by futurecat from Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, March 05, 2017
Every so often I remember that New Zealand has some amazing authors. Usually that realisation comes after I read a Patricia Grace novel or short story. This one is no exception - it's a wonderful story about a young man coming to terms with his past and an iwi struggling to meet the competing needs of its people,. It is perfectly and naturally of New Zealand without having that sense of tick-all-the-kiwi-boxes forcedness that so many NZ authors do.

Journal Entry 2 by futurecat at Crisp Cafe in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Saturday, March 18, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (3/18/2017 UTC) at Crisp Cafe in Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand

Taken to this morning's meetup, where it was either picked up by one of the other bookcrossers, or left at the cafe. Happy bookcrossing to the finder!

Want to meet other Bookcrossers? A small but active group of Christchurch Bookcrossers meet once a month for lunch and to exchange books. If you'd like to join us, check out the Conventions and Meetings Forum for details.

^ ^
=+=
v

Journal Entry 3 by lytteltonwitch at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Sunday, March 19, 2017
I usually enjoy this author so added to my wee pile of books.