Life's Too Short: True Stories About Life At Work

by Val McDermid (fwd) | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by TheGreenMan of York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on 2/27/2017
Journal Entry 1 by TheGreenMan from York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, February 27, 2017
From the back cover:

"A short, sharp shot of laughter and tears.

What does it feel like to drive a lorry that's out of control?
What really goes on in a school full of unruly children?
Could you travel all over the world for work?

Whether we love it or hate it, work has a huge impact on our lives and in recent times working life has totally changed. So what is life *really* like at work today?

From builder to baker to social care worker, these writers let us know. Some of their stories might surprise you. Some will make you laugh and some might make you cry. The one thing they all prove is that you can never be sure what your working day will bring."

Journal Entry 2 by TheGreenMan at York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, February 27, 2017
Picked up cheaply, especially for BookCrossing purposes.

I'm planning to release it at tomorrow evening's 'Short (Stories)'-themed BC Meetup - being held at The Brigantes in York from 7pm onwards...

Released 5 yrs ago (2/28/2017 UTC) at Brigantes Bar & Brasserie OBCZ / Meetup Venue in York, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

releasing, as promised...

Journal Entry 4 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Thursday, April 27, 2017
Picked up at the April meet up :-)

Journal Entry 5 by wingDiane-Fraserwing at Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 11, 2020
This book does what it says on the tin. A compilation of funny and sad tales plus it's a quick read ;-)
(S)

Welcome to Bookcrossing!

You have found a travelling book. Why not join in the fun? Read, release and pass on but don't forget to write a Journal Entry telling us where you found the book, if you read it what you thought about it and where you are going to leave it. If you join bookcrossing before you do the entry you will get an alert when the next person writes up about it and can track its travels. If you prefer to just leave an Anonymous Journal Entry, it will brighten up my day either way. Oh and if you like the book sooooo much you just don't want to let it go that is fine too, maybe one day eh ☺

Enjoy!!