Whispers Under Ground (Peter Grant)

by Ben Aaronovitch | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by Cohnina of Aldenhoven, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on 2/26/2017
Journal Entry 1 by Cohnina from Aldenhoven, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Sunday, February 26, 2017
"It begins with a dead body at the far end of Baker Street tube station, all that remains of American exchange student James Gallagher - and the victim's wealthy, politically powerful family is understandably eager to get to the bottom of the gruesome murder. The trouble is, the bottom - if it exists at all - is deeper and more unnatural than anyone suspects ... except, that is, for London constable and sorcerer's apprentice Peter Grant. With Inspector Nightingale, the last registered wizard in England, tied up in the hunt for the rogue magician known as "the Faceless Man", it's up to Peter to plumb the haunted depths of the oldest, largest, and - as of now - deadliest subway system in the world.
At least he won't be alone. No, the FBI has sent over a crack agent to help. She's young, ambitious, beautiful ... and a born-again Christian apt to view any magic as the work of the devil. Oh yeah - that's going to go well."

Wandert in die AboBox Vampire & Gefährten als Wunschbuch für Booklover-IGB.

Viel Spaß beim Lesen und gute Reise!

Journal Entry 3 by wingBooklover-IGBwing at Sankt Ingbert, Saarland Germany on Thursday, August 15, 2019
Taken out of the [AboBox] Vampire und Gefährten. Thanks a lot for this book as I enjoy this series very much.

Journal Entry 4 by wingBooklover-IGBwing at Sankt Ingbert, Saarland Germany on Thursday, October 03, 2019
I cannot clearly say why but somehow the story didn't get me as much as the ones before. It starts with a ghost but this story line is left aside for a long, long time just to be taken up again at the end to enable an interesting cliffhanger.
But the story line of the murder case was a bit confusing in my eyes and could have been told more interesting. Maybe I just didn't like this Zach guy...
But there was some issue between Peter and Lesley and since the beginning of this series I cannot decide if I want them to just be friends or to become a couple.

Journal Entry 5 by wingBooklover-IGBwing at per Post, Buchtausch -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (10/16/2019 UTC) at per Post, Buchtausch -- Controlled Releases

Das Buch reist zu brinki73. Ich wünsche spannende Lesestunden!

Journal Entry 6 by brinki73 at Dorsten, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Saturday, October 19, 2019
Heute angekommen. Vielen Dank für dieses Tauschbuch an Booklover-IGB!