The Silver Linings Playbook: A Novel

by Matthew Quick | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingbuttonbrightwing of Raleigh, North Carolina USA on 5/22/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingbuttonbrightwing from Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Monday, May 22, 2017
I found this book on the discount shelves of a local used book store.

A heartwarming debut novel, now a major movie by David O. Russell―nominated for eight Academy Awards (including Best Picture), four Golden Globes, and four Screen Actors Guild Awards!

"Aawww shucks!" NPR's Nancy Pearl said. "I know that's hardly a usual way to begin a book review, but it was my immediate response to finishing Matthew Quick's heartwarming, humorous and soul-satisfying first novel . . . This book makes me smile."

Meet Pat Peoples. Pat has a theory: his life is a movie produced by God. And his God-given mission is to become physically fit and emotionally literate, whereupon God will ensure him a happy ending―the return of his estranged wife, Nikki. (It might not come as a surprise to learn that Pat has spent several years in a mental health facility.) The problem is, Pat's now home, and everything feels off. No one will talk to him about Nikki; his beloved Philadelphia Eagles keep losing; he's being pursued by the deeply odd Tiffany; his new therapist seems to recommend adultery as a form of therapy. Plus, he's being haunted by Kenny G!

David O. Russell's adaptation of The Silver Linings Playbook features Bradley Cooper (People magazine's Sexiest Man Alive) in the role of Pat, alongside Jennifer Lawrence, Robert De Niro, Julia Stiles, Chris Tucker, and Jacki Weaver. As the award-winning novelist Justin Cronin put it: "Tender, soulful, hilarious, and true, The Silver Linings Playbook is a wonderful debut."

Journal Entry 2 by wingbuttonbrightwing at NC State Univ Free Book Box in Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Monday, May 22, 2017

Released 4 yrs ago (5/22/2017 UTC) at NC State Univ Free Book Box in Raleigh, North Carolina USA

Left @ NC State University Free Book Box between Scott Hall & DH Hill Library beneath large oak tree http://dld.bz/FreeBooks