The Rehearsal

by Eleanor Catton | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by jo_an_a of Wimbledon, Greater London United Kingdom on 2/21/2017
Journal Entry 1 by jo_an_a from Wimbledon, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 21, 2017
Got this book on a whim in a bookstore. Looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 2 by jo_an_a at Wimbledon, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 03, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (10/3/2017 UTC) at Wimbledon, Greater London United Kingdom

This book will now travel to the winner of the International RABCK Sweepstake. Congratulations!

Journal Entry 3 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, November 28, 2017
The book has finally arrived after a long trip. It looks like a very interesting read. I look forward to it.

Journal Entry 4 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Wednesday, August 21, 2019
This one has been on my bookshelf for a while. I am happy to finally get to it. This is amazing as a debut novel, very creative in the story telling and the characters are interesting. The writing is very stylised and beautiful. The book alternates between two narrations which only start to connect more than one third (maybe half way) into the story. The two story lines develop separately and interestingly enough to keep me reading on and the book gets better when the story lines converge. There are many parts in the book that are insightful and profound. A very interesting take on watching and being watched, on acting a role and being. I like Stanley's part of the book more than the girls. The girls' part can be frustrating because of the intentional ambiguity when the author switches from reality to a play in the book or to the characters' fantasies. If you cannot stand ambiguity in a book, you will not like the book. Otherwise, this is a good read. It is a book to be read slowly and savoured.

Journal Entry 5 by wingmcsarwing at by post, RABCK Sweepstakes/Drawing -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, September 19, 2019

Released 4 mos ago (9/19/2019 UTC) at by post, RABCK Sweepstakes/Drawing -- Controlled Releases

On its way to the winner of the Annual Clearance Sweepstakes. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by wingAbi-Gibbywing at Millbrook, Cornwall United Kingdom on Thursday, October 03, 2019
Arrived safely today along with some bits for the HGG game

Released 1 mo ago (12/14/2019 UTC) at Somewhere Around The Estate in Mount Edgcumbe Country Estate, Cornwall United Kingdom

Congratulations, you have picked up a travelling book!
Happy reading!

Not sure what to do? Follow these steps!

2) Make a journal entry on this book to let us know how you found it!

***Please Note***

Journal Entry 8 by catofUlthar at Mount Edgecumbe, Devon United Kingdom on Sunday, December 15, 2019
I was coming down the main tree avenue after a long walk and found it hanging from the cage round a young tree. I haven't been active in Bookcrossing for ages and it was brilliant to find a wild release. The printed sealable baggie is a great invention. I shall have to settle down over christmas and have a good read before releasing it onwards. Great to see it's ocean hopping travels and hope it has plenty more miles left in it yet.