(Don't) Call Me Crazy

Share the love of reading
by Kelly Jensen | Health, Mind & Body | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 1616208740 Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingnimrodielwing of Evanston, Illinois USA on 3/21/2019
Journal Entry 1 by wingnimrodielwing from Evanston, Illinois USA on Thursday, March 21, 2019
picked up to read and release.

A Washington Post Best Children’s Book of 2018

Who’s Crazy?

What does it mean to be crazy? Is using the word crazy offensive? What happens when a label like that gets attached to your everyday experiences?

To understand mental health, we need to talk openly about it. Because there’s no single definition of crazy, there’s no single experience that embodies it, and the word itself means different things—wild? extreme? disturbed? passionate?—to different people.

In (Don’t) Call Me Crazy, thirty-three actors, athletes, writers, and artists offer essays, lists, comics, and illustrations that explore a wide range of topics:
their personal experiences with mental illness,
how we do and don’t talk about mental health,
help for better understanding how every person’s brain is wired differently,
and what, exactly, might make someone crazy. If you’ve ever struggled with your mental health, or know someone who has, come on in, turn the pages . . . and let’s get talking.

This award-winning anthology is from the highly-praised editor of Here We Are: Feminism for the Real World and Body Talk: 37 Voices Explore Our Radical Anatomy.

Journal Entry 2 by wingnimrodielwing at Evanston, Illinois USA on Wednesday, January 13, 2021
This is the type of book that I wish I had read as a late teen/ in my early twenties when I first started struggling with depression. The essays in here are approachable to the subject of mental health and written by many author's, artists, actors, and other well known creative types. I am going to enjoy sharing this out into the world for it to touch someone else's life.

Released 1 mo ago (1/21/2021 UTC) at Little Free Library #70530 - 717 South Blvd. in Evanston, Illinois USA

Left in the little free library.