The School for Good and Evil

by Soman Chainani | Children's Books |
ISBN: 006210490X Global Overview for this book
Registered by wingemmejowing of Cortland, New York USA on 2/17/2017
Journal Entry 1 by wingemmejowing from Cortland, New York USA on Friday, February 17, 2017
Sophie wants nothing more than to be chosen to attend the legendary School for Good and Evil. She's sure she has what it takes to become a fairytale heroine and will do whatever it takes to get her there. Agatha, the closest thing she has to a friend, seems like exactly the sort of student the Evil side of the school is looking for. But when the two girls actually are selected, Sophie's careful plot goes entirely wrong, landing them in opposite classes. Determined to prove herself Good, she schemes a way to get herself a Happily Ever After.

I picked this book up on a whim for an upcoming book box, mostly because the concept seemed amusing and it was a pretty thick book for a low price. To my surprise, I got the most engaging and entertaining children's book I've read in a long while! The plotting is fast and the writing has a strong, easy-to-read voice, and I really enjoyed the characters. Both Agatha and Sophie are a wonderful blend of villainous and heroic traits, although I have to say, Agatha was the one I really loved, having been a weird, grim child myself! There are also some nice side characters, and the ones that get character development stand out as having unique roles.

Journal Entry 2 by wingemmejowing at Trumansburg, New York USA on Thursday, December 28, 2017

Released 1 yr ago (12/28/2017 UTC) at Trumansburg, New York USA

Added to the Magical Beasties box

Journal Entry 3 by wingjosieriverswing at Leesville, South Carolina USA on Monday, February 26, 2018
Took out of Imawinn2's Magical Mystical bookbox

Journal Entry 4 by wingjosieriverswing at Leesville, South Carolina USA on Wednesday, October 16, 2019
WOW this was really good!! I want to read the others in the series now!!!

Ditto to imawinn2's review/description. Very engaging book!

Journal Entry 5 by wingjosieriverswing at Clanton, Alabama USA on Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Released 3 wks ago (10/16/2019 UTC) at Clanton, Alabama USA

on its way to bamaforever

To the finder of this book:

Welcome to BookCrossing, a unique community of book lovers, sharing their libraries with the world. You have in your hands a free gift. This book is yours to do with as you wish...read it, share it, keep it, pass it on. The best book is a shared book.

The BookCrossing ID, which you entered in the "Enter a BCID" box on the website, is unique to this copy of this book. If you make a journal entry (either anonymously, or as a BookCrossing member) all previous readers of this actual book will be notified by email, and can follow the book as it travels around from reader to reader.

BookCrossing is free to join, completely confidential (you are known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address) and a great deal of fun. If you choose to join please consider using me, Josierivers or Southernfryed as your referring member.

Happy Readings!

Journal Entry 6 by bamaforever at Clanton, Alabama USA on Saturday, October 19, 2019
Thank you so much for this wishlist book! I look forward to reading it and then passing it on to my daughter to read too.